Water Pump Issue in Kitchen!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aztecaa

I bought 2005 Fourwinds TT 25'...
I did not check the pressure from water pump (only) since it was connected to city water. I too have been running from city (good pressure) so now that I went camping I noticed the Kitchen does not have pressure like the bathroom. I can hear the pump Revving up and down when the kitchen water is turned on. No it is NOT the facet being clogged...
What else could it be. I do notice a few wires loose from undercarriage of the TT on water side around tank area(I think sensor wires).
The pressure in the bathroom is great. Sometimes the shower will rev up and down but pressure ok.
I appreciate any feed back.

With the exception of the shower.. If you have good pressure everywhere except for _____.. you have a problem either with the faucet or the lines to ______. (Same fill in)

The shower is an exception to that rule in that IT is the "Biggest" faucet in the RV and thus the flow restriction may be a pump that is not high enough capacity (Tanked water) or a pressure regulator (The ones commonly sold for "RV" that are a cylinder about 3/4" in diamater with hose fittings on the ends... Are too small)

But if you have good pressure in teh shower (you said you did_)
Then it must be a restriction eitehr in the faucet or in the lines to it.

MOST COMMON is the aerator  (The thing the water comes out of on solid arm faucets)
If you have a Pull out arm that is both faucet and sprayer there is a check valve usually at the base of the head (where the hose attaches)
Pinched hose
Pinched water line

And the ever popular "Other cause not listed here".

But I think I covered the main ones.

A campground I stay at has a hot tub with a push button activated timer. The actual switch (electrical) is a long way from the button, which is nothing more than an air bulb. air line from there to the switch must be 50-100 Feet (Like the Ding-Ding thing at a gas station is how it works)  Someone keeps setting a 55 Gallon drum of chemical on the air line and then.... No work no more.  (Till they move the drum)  I told the technician to run that line through a 1/2" PVC pipe just to protect it

Probably not the pump reving up and down as much as coming up to pressure and turning off then back on repeatedly.  My money is on the outlets which cause this having some restriction. 

I just drew a  diagram of the incoming plumbing in my new to me FW.  Basically the city water connection goes through a check valve to a TEE, then into the camper plumbing system.  The Fresh water tank goes to the pump, through a check valve, to the SAME TEE, and into the camper plumbing system.

The only difference would come from a difference of pressure or volume from the two inputs.

As John said, if the shower works well, you have plenty of pressure and volume.  The problem is in the specific faucet.

If the pump is cycling excessively, an accumulator (air) tank may help even things out, but will not cure the kitchen flow problem.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7mark7
Back
Top Bottom