new 2018 towing guide available

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

steveblonde

just got this today the 2018 towing guide here is the link for anyone interested ratings capabilities etc etc

http://www.trailerlife.com/trailer-towing-guides/?utm_source=eNews&utm_medium=email&utm_content=TLC19265&utm_source=exacttarget&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=TLC19265_01302018

I'm not a big fan of this guide. It can be useful to get ballpark figures but too many people use it like a towing bible.

The best way to know what you can tow is to have your tow vehicle weighed when it's full of fuel and passengers. Subtract this weight from the manufacturers GCWR and boom, there's how much weight you can "legally" (haha) tow.

lone_star_dsl said:
I'm not a big fan of this guide. It can be useful to get ballpark figures but too many people use it like a towing bible.

The best way to know what you can tow is to have your tow vehicle weighed when it's full of fuel and passengers. Subtract this weight from the manufacturers GCWR and boom, there's how much weight you can "legally" (haha) tow.

You have to start somewhere. I looked up the 1999 Ram 2500 TD we used to tow our 5th wheel way back when. It was pretty close at 14,500lbs. Had abou 3900lb payload cap.

Key word in the entire discussion is GUIDE,,,,It is not absolute... Just a guide to start....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozgal
Back
Top Bottom