Our Coleman Mach Heat pump not cooling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LewisWhelan

We have a 2004 Winnebago Adventurer with a Coleman Mach heat pump.  The heat pump will produce heat but it will not cool.  We were trying to cool when the outside temperature was 77F.  When the heat pump is on cool the heat pump turns on and the fan runs but it is just blowing warm air.    When it cooled off at night to 60F the heat pump did produce the required heat.  Any advice would be appreciated.  We checked the filters and the look fine.  Could this be a result of low coolant?

The reversing valve may not be working, or maybe a hung-up check valve. These are the first things we used to check when servicing residential units a hundred or so years ago. I assume the same would pertain to an RV heat pump. We used to check for sticky/stuck check valves with a magnet.

kdbgoat said:
The reversing valve may not be working, or maybe a hung-up check valve. These are the first things we used to check when servicing residential units a hundred or so years ago. I assume the same would pertain to an RV heat pump. We used to check for sticky/stuck check valves with a magnet.

This was going to be my suggestion. It recently happened to us. The good thing is, it can be easily changed without opening the system!

Thank you for the quick responses.  We checked all the connects that we could see to ensure they were connected after our journey south as we had lots of bumps along the way.  Luckily it is now working!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
David W.
Back
Top Bottom