Fog lights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sgkane

I just replaced the headlights on our Itasca Horizon as the old ones were faded and looking pretty bad. Now the fog lights really look bad. I was able to order headlights that were made for a Nisson pickup truck which saved a ton of money. Does anyone know if the fog lights cross to something else?
Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_1280.JPG
    IMG_1280.JPG
    102.4 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_1279.JPG
    IMG_1279.JPG
    104.4 KB · Views: 65
Cant recall where I originally read about it but I tried it last summer.
Used liquid Aluminum polish, (Turtle Wax) and put some on hazed headlights on towed car.
Used my air polisher. Only ran polisher VERY briefly then wiped off.
My gosh, the improvement was phoenominal.  Almost 8 months later they are still clear.

When I had to replace my fog lights a few years back Hella lights were the match (my bulbs actually had "Hella" in raised letters on the glass.)  I went with the FF100s though they were a bit smaller than the openings.  In retrospect I believe the FF300s would be a closer match and wish I had gone with those. 

Keep in mind these were the pre-LED days.  Models probably have changed.  Measure your cutouts and check the Hella web site... at that time they had all the dimensions of their lights posted so you could see what fit.

The Winnebago part # for my lights was 146087-01-000.  May or may not be the same for your Horizon but this is what it was for my same-year Vectra.

emiddleb said:
When I had to replace my fog lights a few years back Hella lights were the match (my bulbs actually had "Hella" in raised letters on the glass.)  I went with the FF100s though they were a bit smaller than the openings.  In retrospect I believe the FF300s would be a closer match and wish I had gone with those. 

Keep in mind these were the pre-LED days.  Models probably have changed.  Measure your cutouts and check the Hella web site... at that time they had all the dimensions of their lights posted so you could see what fit.

The Winnebago part # for my lights was 146087-01-000.  May or may not be the same for your Horizon but this is what it was for my same-year Vectra.

The Parts Catalog for the OP's coach lists the fog lights as

146332-01-000 EA LAMP - FOG - CLEAR/OVAL

so it looks like the Horizon used different lights than our Vectras.  Here's a picture of the light from the the Winnebago R.V Parts and Accessories Catalog.

Attachments

• Horizon Fog Lamp.jpg
    Horizon Fog Lamp.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 27
Thanks Chris.  Wasn't sure if they were the same ones between the two models.

Update:

Okay - my fog lights are made by Kaper II, part number V9742 so if your fogs are elongated, they are Hella. If more round shape they are Kapers. PM me if you want me to verify which one you have but AFAIK, they are either the Hellas or Kapers.

John Canfield said:
How difficult was it to change out the headlights? I'll try to find out about the fog lights.
Thanks John. Replacing the headlights wasn't a huge project at all. When you look behind there are two 10mm screws holding the headlamp housing to the Winnebago bracket. When you remove those two screws the housing (on the bottom) slides into the bracket. I did not have room to slide the headlamp out so I removed the bracket. Fortunately Winnebago had the foresight to make the bracket with slots so you don't have to remove the bolts (3 of them) just loosen. This made putting it back together much easier. Slide the headlight into the bracket, set the bracket into place and tighten then replace the two 10mm screws.
In my case the headlight housing was sold with the headlight only. I had to use the bulbs and sockets from the old unit. My sockets were pretty brittle. I got them back in but a little WD40 made it much easier.

sgkane said:
Thanks John. Replacing the headlights wasn't a huge project at all. ...
Great, that's good to hear. I need to replace mine.

cbeierl said:
That Hella number looks like the one for the FF300's  (or 300FF's) on our Vectras...
The Vectra and Horizon fog lights are different, I never noticed this before.

Here's what our Vectra fog lights look like:

Attachments

• Vectra Fog Light.jpg
    Vectra Fog Light.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 21
I can confirm that the Vectras use Hella FF300 Fog Lights.  This thread caused me to inspect my own fog lights and I saw that the lower part of the reflector on both lights had lost its silvering.  I was able to find a new complete set on eBay for $74.70 (incl. shipping).  (I was also able to find many single lights for about that same total (before shipping) or even much more.)  Note that there are FF300 Driving Lights as well, so make sure you're getting the Fog Lights (if that's what you want).

Thanks everyone. I found these on Amazon and they fit perfectly.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002R12UIK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The only difference I could see was the original bayonet type mount for the bulb. The original was screwed in where the new one used a plastic post. The bulb fit perfectly.

Attachments

• IMG_1317.JPG
    IMG_1317.JPG
    68.2 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1318.JPG
    IMG_1318.JPG
    67.6 KB · Views: 20

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member