rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Fridge Defend
RV Life Magazine RV Park Reviews RV Trip Wizard

Author Topic: RV for the dogs story. Lets hear yours  (Read 3247 times)

Bill N

• ---
Re: RV for the dogs story. Lets hear yours
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2018, 07:17:12 PM »
He doesnt, he just sits there looking cute and people give him food. Every time.
:)) :))
Bill & Joan N in Missouri
USAF (Ret - 1961-1981)
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 35U
Workhorse W22, 8.1L Chevy V8
2013 Chevy Sonic Toad
Furbearers:  Heidi-17(Forever), Cats: Grace-11 & Squeak-6, Winnie the ShihTzu - 16 mos

skydivemark

• ---
« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2018, 04:10:07 PM »
I love this site for finding restaurants where I can take my dog.

https://www.bringfido.com/

I'd love to take my Great Dane to one of these places.  He sure gets a lot of attention everywhere else I/we take him. We even had a state trooper stop by us at a rest area just to see him and take pictures with him.
I'm surprised how many pet friendly restaurants there are. I hadn't thought about that before.
 Beaches even have signs "no dogs".
Thanks for sharing the website with us.
2015 Thor Four Winds 31L
Clermont, FL

DearMissMermaid

• ---
  • Read my mis-adventures at DearMissMermaid.Com
    • DearMissMermaid.Com
« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2018, 04:05:25 AM »
Speaking of Great Danes...

I missed a great photo op by walking my dog without my camera. I was camping in Ohio in a city park that also had day use areas besides the campground.

Now that I look back at my records, it was Ottawa Metro Park in Lima Ohio. It's a wonderful park, but they don't take reservations. First come, first serve. Rates are super cheap, park is immaculate, check in and payment is on the honor system with a workamper that comes along later to check to see if folks are complying.

Out for a walk I came across a soccer game for kids that had finished. One kid was waiting on the sidewalk for a ride. His parents drove up in a teeny tiny 4 door car with an open sun roof. In back was a huge black and white Great Dane with his head stuck out the sun roof!

It was such a comical picture like something from the circus rather than in a mundane park.

The kid got in the car. The Great Dane ducked down to give the kid some licking and loving, then as the car drove away, he poked his head back up and out the sun roof for the ride home.

As they drove away, I pondered if the cost of the food bill for said canine was the reason they owned such a teeny tiny car.

My 6 pound mutt eats an astonishing amount of food but he is high energy. Exponentially if he was bigger and ate as much, I would need a separate trailer to house his food. As it is now, he needs his own cabinet to store his wet and dry food plus his treats. On top of that if I am cooking anything meat or cheese related, he gets a small bowl of that too.

Now that I think about it, that kid is probably destined to be an only child.

Also the car did not have a sun roof.

It had a sun woof!
http://DearMissMermaid.Com

Living, working. playing  in a 1992 Holiday Rambler Imperial 36' 5th Estate, formerly 8 years 24/7 in a Class C, 1994 Tioga Montara, 28'

Pack half the stuff and twice the cash.
http://dearmissmermaid.blogspot.com/

pz

• ---
« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2018, 08:53:58 AM »
We have toy poodle and she loves to travel, and she somehow knows when we are ready to hit the road in the fiver. She is so excited she can't stop jumping, barking, and everything associated with excitement in a dog.

However, once we are in the truck driving out the driveway, within a minute or so she is in my wife's lap settling down for a nap. I guess she is exhausted from all that activity getting ready for the trip.  ;D
PZ
----
2011 Rockwood 8288SS
2012 Ram 3500 6.7L Cummins

skydivemark

• ---
« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2018, 02:51:18 PM »
Speaking of Great Danes...

I missed a great photo op by walking my dog without my camera. I was camping in Ohio in a city park that also had day use areas besides the campground.

Now that I look back at my records, it was Ottawa Metro Park in Lima Ohio. It's a wonderful park, but they don't take reservations. First come, first serve. Rates are super cheap, park is immaculate, check in and payment is on the honor system with a workamper that comes along later to check to see if folks are complying.

Out for a walk I came across a soccer game for kids that had finished. One kid was waiting on the sidewalk for a ride. His parents drove up in a teeny tiny 4 door car with an open sun roof. In back was a huge black and white Great Dane with his head stuck out the sun roof!

It was such a comical picture like something from the circus rather than in a mundane park.

The kid got in the car. The Great Dane ducked down to give the kid some licking and loving, then as the car drove away, he poked his head back up and out the sun roof for the ride home.

As they drove away, I pondered if the cost of the food bill for said canine was the reason they owned such a teeny tiny car.

My 6 pound mutt eats an astonishing amount of food but he is high energy. Exponentially if he was bigger and ate as much, I would need a separate trailer to house his food. As it is now, he needs his own cabinet to store his wet and dry food plus his treats. On top of that if I am cooking anything meat or cheese related, he gets a small bowl of that too.

Now that I think about it, that kid is probably destined to be an only child.

Also the car did not have a sun roof.

It had a sun woof!

I'll bet that would've been a great pic.
 My Great Dane loves to ride in the Jeep with the top off.
Loves going anywhere, any vehicle, but the Jeep and the RV seem to be his favorite - he recognizes the way those 2 key rings jingle and goes into his happy dance when he knows I have them.
2015 Thor Four Winds 31L
Clermont, FL

ldudish

• ---
« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2018, 04:52:26 PM »
Soooooo we don't have a dog....but we have cats, and they ARE the reason we RV.  I just hated leaving them for vacations so we got a fiver, then when we lost one of our lovebirds I could not leave the survivor at home alone so we traded for the motorhome. (Sadly we lost our lovebird this past winter)  The cats always attract attention, we usually meet every cat lover in the campground!
Lynn & Andy Dudish
2007 Winnebago Adventurer
Towing 2014 VW EOS
With 8 Cats and a Lovebird!

dcbinvt

• ---
« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2018, 08:11:12 PM »
I travel with a 12.5 y/o mostly whippet rescue dog from Puerto Rico an a 5 y/o blonde deaf ferret. They both love travelling and camping. And what conversation starters. The ferret is very popular with the kids. See my file picture.
Both pets have been across the country several times and have gotten their feet in both oceans & the Gulf and all the Great Lakes as well of lot's of travel in fly-over country. To tell the truth I don't think they know one tree or patch of grass from another but they just love to go.

dcb in VT

Greyhauler

• ---
« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2018, 05:59:41 PM »
Last Grey started showing his milk bones off on his AM and PM rides in neighborhood. Kept it up when at RV parks, folks laughed, said, “ Gear is showing off his bone again”. Miss him, getting another soon.

Hanr3

• ---
« Reply #38 on: October 07, 2018, 10:02:40 PM »
Currently I have two Shih-Tzu's. They would rather go camping than stay home and let me know it every time I load the camper or boat.
I have many stories about them. But my favorite is the first time I took the girls fishing on a hot summer day. I was in my 14' boat. It was 4' wide and I could touch the water on both sides at the same time. Needless to say, it was a small boat. But they love to go.

I pulled into a cove and killed the main motor, while I was dropping to trolling motor I heard a splash and thought it was a Bass jumping. Looked up to talk to the girls and noticed one was missing, turned around and she was swimming as fast as she could to catch me. Threw the trolling motor in reversed and picked her up. No sooner then I had her in the boat the other jumped overboard. Repeat and picked her up. Now I have a 16' deep v boat and when they get hot, they bark at me. I grab them buy the scruff of the neck and dunk them in the lake. Wait a couple minutes and pull them back in the boat. They curl up in the sun and dry off. We repeat this several times throughout the day. I also installed an old patio umbrella in the boat so they have shade.

As for the camper, they make great watch dogs. They bark at Racoons, a habit they picked up from me yelling at coons while we camped in a tent. Coons sure make a mess of a campsite if they go unchecked. I'll be taking them again this weekend. 2 day Crappie tournament, camping trip.

Below is a 2 minute video I made about the 16' Deep-V boat. I bought it, stripped it to the hull, rebuilt it, and took a test drive, and finished with a couple of Illinois River Crappie the wife and I caught. You can see the girls in it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcd4v25SHpI
2016 F150 3.5L Ecoboost XLT
2019 K-Z 231RK Sportsmen
1997 16' Sylvan Back Troller Select

RVMommaTo6

• ---
  • New York
« Reply #39 on: October 07, 2018, 11:28:02 PM »
I was camping in the pop up with all the kids and woke up slowly realizing there were people talking right outside my camper. They were talking about a dog that had gotten loose walking around the camp ground and everyone was afraid to approach it. I'm not scared of dogs so I considered helping until I looked at my watch and saw it was 6am. No way. So I closed my eyes to fall back asleep as they continued talking when all of a sudden it hit me that it was MY dog they were talking about! Lol, he's a big scary looking guy so they were all scared of him. He somehow let himself out over night so I jumped up and went out to grab him lol
Amanda
Mommy to 6 great kids who love camping and traveling
July 31, 2019- begin our 10 month cross country trip
2015 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.2
2010 35ft Springdale bunkhouse TT
2001 Jayco Pop-up