Question on 303 Aerospace Protectant

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RVRAC

Someone suggested that I use 303 Aerospace Protectant.  Since I never used it before, I wonder how many people in this forum use it and how.  Do you use it over decals?  Do you use over the gel coat surfaces?  What have been your experiences?

We use it all the time, and have been using it for years. it is a good UV protector
My wife just used it again yesterday on our two kevlar kayaks over the Gelcoat.
We use it on the dash boards of our vehicles.
I am using it on my trailer roof after I wash it.

It is good for plastics, rubber, vinyl, and leather, etc

With that said; it is very expensive, but I think it is worth the expense.

Keep in mind that it does not take the place of wax

Jack L

It's an excellent product, but some of the uses ascribed to it by avid users defy all reason.  Also, 303 Aerospace is now a brand name and they package several different products with the label, e.g. a fabric water repellent, a cleaner spray, etc., so don't just grab a bottle with the 303 label on it if you are looking for the original product, 303 Aerospace Protectant. The 303 RV & Marine Protectant appears to be the essentially same product with a different label.

It's main claim to fame is that it is a UV inhibitor, with a SPF 40 rating. That can reduce the impact of sunlight UV on rubber, vinyl, plastic, etc.  To the extent that UV is a problem with some surface or material, 303 Protectant can help.  Those who are convinced that UV is destroying everything around them often believe that applying 303 has saved them untold expense and worry.  As evidence that is so, they proudly display good looking tires, decals, vinyl upholstery, etc.  Whether it resulted from the 303 or just their regular tender loving care is maybe another question.

This glowing advertisement on the Autogeek website describes many of its potential applications. I'll leave it to you to determine how credible the claims are.

Personally, I've used 303 Protectant as a tire dressing for cosmetic reasons (cause my tires all last several years anyway) and the Fabric Guard product as a water repellent on awnings and such.
https://www.autogeek.net/303aerprot.html

blw2 said:
the 303 fans out there will probably shoot me....but it seems like armor-all to me.
stand against the wall with your blindfold on,they will be along shortly.
armor-all leaves an oily film to attract dust,303 does not

I've used it on my car dash for several years now. Makes it look clean and seems to protect it from what I can tell.
Not greasy like Armor All.

Armor-all is a different formula/ingredients than 303, and perhaps different capabilities as well.  I won't even suggest which one might be better - you guys hash that out among yourselves.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom