Cant find anything for 1994 Flair/ Oshkosh Chassis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jsanchez90

Hi Everyone,
I'm searching in particular for a Owners / maintenance manual for a 1994 Fleetwood Flair on an Oshkosh 6.5 td frame. I'm thinking of buying one near my neighborhood, and would like to check all the fluids and mechanical, but there is no manuals in the RV that we could find. Im mostly interested in the fluid reservoirs and where to check the coolant and hydraulic reservoir. Freightliner was a dead end. I done vin checks, year and model searches and searched for the oshkosh tc/rv chassis with no results for what I'm looking for.

The RV itself is about 30ft, on an oshkosh 6.5 diesel tc/rv frame. GAWR is 16k lbs. If looking at radiator from the rear. There is one plastic fluid tank on either side with a hot/ cold fill line. These are not labeled. All I know is the one on the pass. side has red oil , I'm assuming for Power st? On the right is what looks like a blue fluid, not sure for what. On top of the radiator is a metal square tank with a radiator cap and temp gauge integrated on the cap. I'm sure this is where to fill and check coolant, but cant find or know where the hyd. fluid is for the jacks and other accessories it has. any help is greatly appreciated. I'm a mechanically inclined individual, who is no stranger to motor swaps and such, but these RVs are new to me. I can find my way around oil fill tubes and trans dipsticks but I don't like the idea of accidentally putting the wrong fluids in a canister that I have no idea what its for.
Again any help is appreciated.

Blue fluid is most likely windshield washers and won't feel oily.  Power steering could be red or clear and will feel oily.  The plastic tank with the hot/cold marks should be the radiator surge/overflow tank.  Metal tank with radiator cap, is top of radiator...don't open hot!

For the jacks, the reservoir could be anywhere.  Get someone to operate the jacks while you walk around the outside of the coach listening for the pump.  Pump and reservoir should be one unit, or really close to one another.

Hey thanks a bunch . I will keep this in mind when I go to look at it again tomorrow (Friday). What puzzled me was that both plastic tanks had the ?hot/cold? fill lines . I?ll see if I can trace the lines and see where they go. So the jacks will operate off a hydraulic pump? Also would there be anything else running off the power steering pump or transmission fluid? Such as the brakes? The first time I checked under the rv, the cooler line routing looked like they possibly ran to more than just the cooler. I could be wrong. Will try and take pics and post them tomorrow .

If I can get it to turn on and drive around the block with no problem , I think I?m going to buy it. The guy is only asking about half of the nada value.

Question for those that might know, could he also have an autobrake on his RV?

I just re-read the OP and caught that you have a diesel in the rig. In that case you almost certainly have hydro boost brakes on the rig.  That would mean the brakes also run off the power steering pump, with lines running from the pump up to the vicinity of the master cylinder.

In fact, now that I think of it, the master cylinder may have a white-ish plastic tank.  There'd be a Fill line, but not a hot or cold mark.

Post a picture of the tanks if you can.  That would help us say for sure.

Yeah, hydro boost, not auto park. I couldn't think of the correct term. Thanx.

The age range of the coach is right.  He could have auto park too.  The auto park system was just coming into wide spread use about the time I moved to Arkansas and quit working on motor homes.  Hadn't actually seen one fail at the time.  From what I've read since then, I didn't miss anything.  :p

I have not seen the RV since my last post. I did find a you tube channel that has the same exact model and year. I'm thinking of contacting him as well to see if he can help me out with some scans . I will post pics of the radiator as soon as I get a chance to go back and look at the RV

Back
Top Bottom