Who's protecting San Diego??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GeneS

Still staying off Pegleg Road near Borrego Springs.  Went on a lunch ride with 2 couples from Ontario and British Columbia.  We stopped for a quick break at Julian Pies in Santa Ysabel, and in come 16 San Diego PD Motor Officers in this tight formation on their Shiny BMW's.  Lotsa young riders, so I assume it was a training ride thru the twisties of CA 78.

GeneS said:
I have some cool pics but not sure how to play shrinky sink so I can attatch them.

If you have an iPhone and used it to take the pix, one workaround is to email each pic to yourself. During the email process you are asked if you want to reduce the size. Pick a size under 350K/picture, send them to yourself, then attach those to your post.

Hi Gene... I retired from SDPD a few years ago, and a friend of mine just called and said 16 bikes were stolen earlier today. Which way did you see them going?  ;D

Yeah, that's the motor academy doing their training. It's quite involved and involves rural roads as well as city streets. (Besides, there's a great pie store up in Julian.)

Kev

Kevin,  Isn't there a Police training facility over somewhere near Vail Lake?  At least I thought there used to be one years ago.  BTW, Julian pies are excellent, but a little expensive.  Used to live in SD for 30 yrs.

retusn said:
Kevin,  Isn't there a Police training facility over somewhere near Vail Lake?  At least I thought there used to be one years ago.  BTW, Julian pies are excellent, but a little expensive.  Used to live in SD for 30 yrs.
There may be, but I never rode motors, so I really don't know. SDPD has its own POST approved motor academy, and in addition to our own officers, we trained all the motor officers from all the outlying agencies as well.

Arch... another "I don't know." When I retired a few years ago, I think they were riding BMWs, but don't quote me on that. Quite frankly, I didn't even know there were electric police bikes. I wouldn't have thought the batteries would last an entire shift. Shows you how little I know.

Kev

Kevin...talked to a couple of the Clovis policemen and asked if they lasted the whole shift and they said they did with no problem.

Surprised me too.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skibumbob
Back
Top Bottom