rvupgradestore.com Composet Products
RV Life Magazine RV Park Reviews RV Trip Wizard

Author Topic: Roof Replacement..  (Read 428 times)

ysidive

• ---
  • Coachmen Freedom Express , 2018 2500HD Duramax
Roof Replacement..
« on: January 31, 2018, 06:05:17 PM »
Purchased a new Travel Trailer in October... Roof was defective and delaminating.. Roof is being replaced under warrantee.. Anyone else had this problem?   The trailer is a 2017 Coachmen Freedom Express.... Just wondering if this was a freak or did the company have a problem with roofs... Wondering if this should or was a recall and should have been replaced before sale...
Silverado Z71 Custom Sport Duramax
Freedom Express 281RLDS

kdbgoat

• ---
Re: Roof Replacement..
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2018, 05:45:27 AM »
Probably a freak. Every manufacturer turns out lemons once in a while, while the next unit off the line can be perfect. Sorry to hear about your roof though. How has your dealer and Coachmen treated you through your claim so far?
I know you believe you understand what you think I said,
But I am not sure you realize what you heard is not what I meant

2016 Leprechaun 319DS

ysidive

• ---
  • Coachmen Freedom Express , 2018 2500HD Duramax
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2018, 02:57:13 PM »
Have not spoken to Coachmen direct, but the dealer is replacing the roof, very slowly along with a few other small items that I probably would have taken care of myself if not for the roof replacement... They have been extremely slow in the work end of it and I currently have been told that I will have it back by the end of next week..  This makes 9 ( Nine weeks that they have had my trailer with no action other than the small other items being repaired... Absolutely disgusted with the Service department.... I finally spoke directly to the general manager this weekend and he called me Monday stating that it would be completed by next week... Hope so.... I am running out of patience???

Silverado Z71 Custom Sport Duramax
Freedom Express 281RLDS

Gary RV_Wizard

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • RVer Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2018, 03:16:17 PM »
Replacing a roof is a one day job for a tech and a helper. Nothing difficult there, just a fair amount of futzing around (labor). Might spread it over two physical days to allow drying time between steps, but 9 weeks? In the off season?  They are just toying with you...
Gary
--------------
Gary Brinck
Summers: Black Mountain, NC
Home: Ocala National Forest, FL