Roof Replacement..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ysidive

Purchased a new Travel Trailer in October... Roof was defective and delaminating.. Roof is being replaced under warrantee.. Anyone else had this problem?  The trailer is a 2017 Coachmen Freedom Express.... Just wondering if this was a freak or did the company have a problem with roofs... Wondering if this should or was a recall and should have been replaced before sale...

Probably a freak. Every manufacturer turns out lemons once in a while, while the next unit off the line can be perfect. Sorry to hear about your roof though. How has your dealer and Coachmen treated you through your claim so far?

Have not spoken to Coachmen direct, but the dealer is replacing the roof, very slowly along with a few other small items that I probably would have taken care of myself if not for the roof replacement... They have been extremely slow in the work end of it and I currently have been told that I will have it back by the end of next week..  This makes 9 ( Nine weeks that they have had my trailer with no action other than the small other items being repaired... Absolutely disgusted with the Service department.... I finally spoke directly to the general manager this weekend and he called me Monday stating that it would be completed by next week... Hope so.... I am running out of patience???

Replacing a roof is a one day job for a tech and a helper. Nothing difficult there, just a fair amount of futzing around (labor). Might spread it over two physical days to allow drying time between steps, but 9 weeks? In the off season?  They are just toying with you...

Back
Top Bottom