POLL: "A Sticky Subject"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is your MOST favorite glue/adhesive while travelling? - for emergencies.

• Contact Cement

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Elmer's Glue

• Gorilla Glue

Votes: 8 26.7%
  • Oatmeal Porridge

• Superglue

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Silicone

• Black tank repair glue ?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Duct Tape

Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Other-specify in post

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • A Martini ??

Votes: 4 13.3%

• Total voters
After my martini the emergency doesn't seem so bad anymore.  Then my mind is relaxed enough to create a solution.  ;D

JB WELD, is by far the best "glue" I have ever used to fix just about anything that breaks.

I have done a little work on old bolt action military rifles converting them to sporter hunting rifles for my son and grandkids.  One of the things I do is glass bed the new stock with a material from Brownells called Acraglass.  It is an epoxy compound that has a pretty good working time to allow you to get a perfect matching fit between the action/barrel and the stock.  About 5 years ago, I sheared a key pin housing on my rotary mower and I couldn't find a new part I needed locally.  I was told it would be about 3 weeks to get the special new part and meanwhile my, grass was growing. I decided to try the acraglass epoxy and bond the broken casting together.  It worked find and is still in being used today.

The only thing Superglue has ever stuck together for me is my fingers, especially thumb and first finger! :(

Betty

I have to go with Superglue b/c we really haven't had any emergencies on the road.  But my 3 boys are always getting cuts and that stuff works better then the glue at the hospital.  One twin glued at the hospital huge scar other twin glued at home by me no scar.  And it works pretty good on everything else too. 

My son is a plastic surgeon and told me that my cracked winter fingers can be "fixed" with a super glue type product.  My fingers still crack but now I can heal them faster.
Joe

In EMT training, they told us that Super Glue was great for sealing wounds......also for sticking your thumb to your index finger.

Wendy
Albuquerque

I do use super glue for cuts, especially when the kids would tear the end off a toe.  I like E6000 for gluing stuff at home. 

Kenneth

>>JB WELD, is by far the best "glue" I have ever used to fix just about anything that breaks.<<

Are you related to Wayne Willits?

I marked Gorilla glue, because I use it most, but also use Elmer Carpenter, contact, JB Weld and others,  It just depends on what is needed,.

I assume that the "silicon" option should be silicone.  Two completely different products.

Apologies Carson. Didn't mean to nit pick the spelling but, having spent many years in the semiconductor industry, I used to cringe when uninformed newsfolk would say "silicone chips" on the air. These were folks who lived and worked in the Santa Clara Valley aka Silicon valley.

Don't apologize, Tom.
  I am a stickler for spelling myself, so I appreciated your comment.
I did know the difference, so it must have been a lazy finger. Have been in the electronic biz all my life as well, starting with the mechanical computer age (analog) in the fifties and sixties. Somehow I never did fully catch on to the total IC age, except in the sales and purchasing arenas.
  Lived in San Mateo in the sixties, just before 'Silicon valley' became a household word.

I have a subtle sense of humor, hence the LOL in my post.

Have a great day, Tom and thanks for all your help over the months. My computer is working well now, cleaner and faster than ever.

Never did hear your favorite "duct tape" story.

carson FL 80.6F

Carson, depending on when you left the industry, you may or may not get a giggle from this ....

Our CEO's admin called me and said "the boss wants you to field this call from a San Jose Mercury News reporter", which I did. The gal made some dumb remark like "What do ASICs have to do with Silicon Valley industry? They're running shoes". My response was something like "Lady, if you have no idea what ASICs are in the silicon world, you shouldn't be a reporter for the local newspaper". By the time it showed up in print, the gal "quoted" me as saying something really absurd.

For those not aware, ASIC is an acronym for Application Specific Integrated Circuit, a methodology popularized in the mid-late 80's for  (relatively) inexpensively designing and manufacturing semi-custom ICs.

I need to think about a duct tape story.

I liked your blunt answer to the reporter-ess. Way to go! Very funny.

We need politicians like you.--Tom for President--.

carson

LOL Carson, we'd need to change the constitution before I could run, or at least before I could serve in the Oval Office.

Don't give up, Tom. 'Stick with it"
  Just throw your personal documentation away, get some new ones, like most of our newcomers are doing. Just walk thru the Penn. Ave gates and claim you will be good for America.

Don't you read the daily News?  (Snicker Snicker).

-30-
carson FL

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom