Problem with slide out

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chitimacha313

Good Day All

I am having problems with my kitchen slide out. I tried to scope it in and it want come it starts to move but stops I noticed it is catching on the linoliuem floor and starting to buckle up. How can I get this past that part of the floor

Some punctuation would make your inquiry less painful to read and might gain some more suggestions.  Also the year/make/model of RV and the brand of the slide mechanism would help get better answers.

If it is catching on the floor, that is probably the root of the problem.  If your slide has skids or rollers underneath, that component may have broken or come loose somehow. Sometimes you can see or reach them when the slide is just partially in.  One trick that sometimes works is to put a thin sheet of metal under the slide where it is catching. That may be enough to let it scrape past for now (but a permanent repair is still needed).

Hi Darrell. Different manufacturers use different kinds of slide mechanisms, and each type will have its own methods for fixing alignment problems. At first guess, that sounds like what you may be experiencing, but more info would help us diagnose the problem. Who makes your slides? What did you mean when you said you tried to, "scope it in?" Did you mean to say you tried to move it in? Have you checked along the perimeter of the slide, and behind kitchen cabinets and drawers for anything that could be blocking the slide's path? That's a pretty common cause of slide problems.

Kev

2006 KZ Escalade 5th Wheel toy hauler
Yes I tried to move it in and it only moved a couple inch's. I will try the recommendation from you guys. As for punctuation sorry for that I am an old coonass from Louisiana. I type the words like I speak them.

As for punctuation sorry for that I am an old coonass from Louisiana. I type the words like I speak them.

We get that and nobody is worried about your grammar.  But when you speak, you use inflections and pauses to separate statements from questions, emphasize ideas, etc. When you type all the words with no caps, commas or periods, it's just a bunch of words with little meaning.  Like reading a dictionary...  ???

I wouldn't be so quick to get on Gary. He stated the bit about punctuation because there's a lot of old folks like me that have a hard time deciphering what folks truly mean when they post without punctuation. Many that can help just skip the post and go on to something else. Also as far as to what Gary can offer, he'll be the one most likely to be able to help you out. He's not called the Wizard for nothing.

kdbgoat said:
I wouldn't be so quick to get on Gary. He stated the bit about punctuation because there's a lot of old folks like me that have a hard time deciphering what folks truly mean when they post without punctuation. Many that can help just skip the post and go on to something else. Also as far as to what Gary can offer, he'll be the one most likely to be able to help you out. He's not called the Wizard for nothing.
Every word is true and heart felt!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
David W.
Back
Top Bottom