Looking to stay 3 months in central FL - where is a fun place? Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gadgetmonster

Time seems to fly... Here was my post from March 2017:

Looking to stay 3 months in central FL - where is a fun place?
? on: March 09, 2017, 08:44:41 PM ?
Wife and I are still working. Have 3 more years. In February 2018 we will be flying down to central Florida to start scouting places to pull our 33 ft travel trailer to stay for about 3 months. It would be nice if we could get to a beach in an hour or less and it would be best that the place we stay have activities. Cards, games, exercise classes, pitch ins, movies, trips or tours... things to help us stay active and meet new friends. Could you recommend communities or RV parks that you have been to that are fun? We will be in Florida for a week scouting so we are composing a list of recommended places. Will scout it again in 2019 but we have to start somewhere. Thanks!

Now (Feb. 2018) it about time to leave. We are packing our suitcases to actually go check out places to stay for 3 months in 2019 or 2020. I have been compiling a list of places that have decent reviews and planned activities. We will criss cross the state looking at these resorts hoping to find a couple places that look fun.
Here is the list so far. Some that are too far away, like over 4 hours from our base hotel in St. Petes Beach, will not get a visit.
Let me know if you have other suggested locations.

Grand Lake RV and Golf Resort

Silver Lakes RV Resort & Golf Club

Recreation Plantation RV Resort

Hide-A-Way RV Resort

Cross Creek

Old Mill Stream

Paradise Oaks RV Resort

Emerald Coast RV Beach Resort

Coastline RV Resort

Blueberry Hill RV Resort

Wekiva Falls RV Resort

Camelot RV Park

Sun and Fun RV Resort

Breezy Oaks RV Park

Pleasant Lake RV Resort

Southern Oaks RV Resort

Tropic Isles

If you have a suggested place that is friendly, clean and has planned activities let me know.

Thanks much.

Most all of those may be fun or not, depending on what you call "fun" and how outgoing you are.

Some others that might qualify are Ocala Camp RV Resort and Ocala SUN RV Resort. Maybe Wild Frontier too (I've never seen it except in photos): https://www.wildfrontiercampground.com/

We've stayed at some comfortable places near the Gulf Coast too, e.g. Crystal River area (e.g. Crystal Isles RV) or Old Town area (e.g. Suwannee River Hideaway).

We used to go to Sun-N-Fun resort in Sarasota every year for a reunion and looking at their list of activities vs. your list it seems to pretty much match. My only complaint with the resort is that it is one of the older resorts and the sites seem smaller. We were there for the weekend but boy do they have some activities.

gadgetmonster said:
Thanks Mr. Wizard and Dance Chick. Sanlan looks awesome! Is $1620 a month a bit much or am I a cheapskate?

Well, I'm a cheapskate, too. I do think it's a bit much, but lots of other people seemed to be okay paying it. We had to stay for 2 weeks recently as we were between houses. We sucked it up and paid it for 2 weeks. I would've had a hard time paying it long term, but I've got to say it was
a really nice place. It would've been a hard decision.

gadgetmonster said:
Thanks Mr. Wizard and Dance Chick. Sanlan looks awesome! Is $1620 a month a bit much or am I a cheapskate?
That depends on your point of view. I paid $460 for rent and electricity last month. I have relatives in California that are paying $2900 a month for a one bedroom apartment. :eek:

Back
Top Bottom