Changing to residential Fridge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chitimacha313

Good Day All

I want to install a residential Fridge to replace the RV Fridge has anyone found one that will fit thru the door so I dont have to go thru a window. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Sure, but what size door do you have?  And how big a fridge are you looking for?

There are plenty of modest sized residential fridges - you don't have to get a 21 cu ft model!  Your RV fridge is probably only 6-12 cu ft, so an "apartment size" residential fridge is still an upgrade in both size and performance.  You may have to search online for "apartment size refrigerator" to see the selection, since many appliance store websites do not show sizes under about 16 cu ft unless specifically asked.

Here, for example, is a selection available at Sears: http://www.sears.com/search=apartment%20size%20refrigerator

Besides width and height, the key decision factors are depth, door swing distance, and drawer pull-out distance (if applicable). With larger residential fridges you will need either a double (French) door type or a "counter depth (24") type. With fridges under about 15 cu ft, you can probably fit in a standard depth and single door. Surely a 10-12 cu ft model will both fit through your entry door and in the existing space.  I was able to install a GE 14.4 cu ft top freezer model in mine.

You may have to remove a seat (or whatever) adjacent to the entry door to get room to bring the fridges out & in.

Our 10 cu ft residential fridge came from Lowes after finding it on their website. It fit through our door with an inch or so to spare without removing the fridge doors or the RV door. It was a nearly perfect fit into the existing space needing only some small trim pieces added to dress it up.

Thanks for all the info I need to do some measuring sorry to ask these question without having all my info available

Back
Top Bottom