Recommended Tow Package for My Set-up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bob.paxson

I know this question gets asked in general quite often but here is my set-up.  Class C Coachman Freelander 25' with Class III hitch.  Tow vehicle is a 2017 AWD Nissan Rogue.  What are my options and what is recommended.  Thanks in advance for sharing your knowledge. 

Does the owners manual say you can tow it 4 down? 
Please check and update us.

If not, your only option is to buy a trailer and carry it around.  AWD typically are not tow friendly.

Online owners manual states "DO NOT tow AWD models with any of the wheels on the ground as this may cause serious and expensive damage to the powertrain.".  So I would not consider it a tow vehicle at all. 

Yes, I see that now.  So, any suggestions/tips/helpful advice if a flat bed trailer is my only option?

I'm a total newbie to the practice of towing and have a lot to learn...

bob.paxson said:
Yes, I see that now.  So, any suggestions/tips/helpful advice if a flat bed trailer is my only option?

I'm a total newbie to the practice of towing and have a lot to learn...

A flatbed is your only option, unless your wife drives it separately.  OR, you can get yourself a different towable vehicle.  Sorry to be a buzz kill, just no way around it.

A flatbed trailer can be a problem in RV parks that don't have pull through sites.

Wheeling that baby around by hand to a parking space will be great fun in the rain. 

You will also find that the Rogue plus the weight of the car hauler trailer will get very near the max tow capacity of the coach.  The Freelander 25 is usually equipped with a 5000 lb hitch and a Rogue runs around 3700 lbs and a car trailer around 1200 or so.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom