From IL, camping in Europe this summer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

3underthecorktree

From IL. 
Camped in childhood, motorhome in high school, and small campervan in the last few years.
Going to Europe this summer- adventure of a lifetime- and will probably rent an RV.

Hello to all.

Hi and welcome to the forum. There are several members from the UK here so I expect some will have experience of camping in Europe should you have any questions.  We have not so i wont be one of the ones answering. ?

Safe travels.

Thank you.  I'm reading old posts and gathering my thoughts before I post a question.  I've learned my lesson in other forums so I'm a little hesitant to ask before I've exhausted every effort. 
I'm trying to find an RV rental for our trip.  It started out looking like it was the most cost effective option until the sites added the service fees.  I'm not sure how we are going rent an RV after all.  Disappointing.  I think I need a break from research.  Either way, we are GOING to Scotland.

Scotland is one of my favorite places.  In fact, I am headed there this spring--mostly to Glasgow and the island of Islay.  If you want to really see Scotland, however, get away from the crowds of tourists and head for some out-of-the-way places such as in the north.  Orkney is very interesting if you like archeology. 

Car rentals are not expensive if you can manage a manual transmission.  And B&Bs or guest houses are also inexpensive, depending when and where you are going.  You could also take a tent and a couple of sleeping bags with some minimal cooking equipment and still do the camping. 

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nativoacai
Back
Top Bottom