OBDll Connector

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lcutsail

Can someone please tell me where the OBDll connector is on a 2004 Winnebago Sightseer 30b? Just purchased it and drove it home and the check engine light came on the next day. Can?t find it to save me soul! Please help.

While I can't speak for that exact model, the ODBII connector is almost always going to be up under the dash, near the steering column.  The chassis builder will typically wrap it up with other wires, but the coach builder usually doesn't unwrap and mount it.  Sometimes they wrap bundles of wires up against the column with velcro and the OBDII connector is inside that bundle, so look in any velcro wraps if you see them.  Basically, unlike a car or light truck where the port is physically mounted to something in a permanent fashion, you're looking for something that was wrapped up out of the way as an afterthought.

OBD-II connectors are left of the steering column under the dash..  This is a "Standard". on my Workhorse it is inside the vinyl wrap on the column. but that was Damon's choce, may or may not be bolted in place.

Ford mounts the OBDII connector on the 1999 and newer F53 chassis on the right side of the steering column. The body builders manual instructs the builder to relocate it to a more accessible spot, but most don't. Look carefully up under the edge of the dash in that area for it. Snapping a photo with a cell phone may make it easier to find with fewer body contortions. It has a snap on cover that makes it difficult to spot. When you find it, undo the screws and move it to a better location. I moved mine to the lower steering column cover where it's easily seen and reached.

lcutsail said:
Can someone please tell me where the OBDll connector is on a 2004 Winnebago Sightseer 30b? Just purchased it and drove it home and the check engine light came on the next day. Can?t find it to save me soul! Please help.
You seem to be hitting the "Report to Moderator" button instead of "Reply" therefore your responses are not showing.....  use Reply at top or end of post or the "Quote" then go to end if post to respond ☺

I had the same problem locating the connector.  It took a while but I finally found it on the right side of the steering column up under the shroud.  It was taped, and pointing up instead of out which made it super hard to identify by touch.  Also had a cover over it as others have said. 1999 Dolphin w/Ford V10 6.8.

lcutsail said:

Ford or Chevy?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awiltzius
Back
Top Bottom