AC Blower Stuck On?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kemo

Hey all.  I have a 2018 Montana 5th wheel with two heater/AC units and it had it hooked up to house before winterizing it and the front unit's blower seems like it stuck in the on position.  Tried turning the thermostat on and off and even down but the blower just keeps running.  The only way I can turn it off is to unplug electric or flip the breaker off.  Anyone have an idea what's going on?  Thanks in advance for any help.

Kemo

Two things I can think of:
1. Did you wait long enough for the thermostat to cycle when you put it in the off position?
2. Do you have only one thermostat for both roof unit's? There maybe a reset switch/button on the base plate. Pull the front off but do
  so at your own risk, I assume no responsibility for my lack of knowledge. 8)

Thanks guys.  Answer to main question.  There is only one control for both units.

When I turn our furnace, fans or AC/heat pump units on or off, there's a delay of about 20 to 30 seconds before they actually respond. Like seabreeze331said, I was wondering if you're giving the system enough time to respond.

Kev 

Thanks guys and yes I left the power cord attached for a good half hour.  Each time I plugged back in boom blower comes on.  Scratching my head.

Update:eek:k first I feel like a complete idiot.  With the warmer weather I've had a chance to get back in the rig and get ready for the season.  I thought I had only ONE control for AC/Heat but I do have two!  I thought they worked in unison but they are separate for front and back units.  Hooked up power blower came back on.  Went to bedroom control and pushed OFF and blower stopped.  Duh.  Complete newbie.  But everything is cool now.  Thanks for trying to help all.

Kemo said:
Complete newbie.

Aahhh.... I see the problem - you thought you were on the newbie forum. No one here is or ever was new, nor has ever made a goffy boo boo, so you've come to the wrong place for advice  ;) ;D

(glad you got it working)

Back
Top Bottom