Side gap - adjustable?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RedandSilver

I have known there was a slide gap in my living room slide for awhile.
There is no sign of water coming into the coach - however there is a stain near the area.
It was there since (before) I bought it.  It doesn't feel wet. I thought that someone might have spilled something there,
or that there was an issue and it was fixed but the stain won't come out.

Well I put some papers in the box shown below and they appear to have gotten damp and then dried out again.
I have not seen rain come in or smelled any damp musty signs of water in the coach.

It is very obvious that one side of the slide is tight against the wall and the other side where the stain is - there is a ?" gap.
I have tried moving the slide out more but it doesn't move and appears to be against the stop.
The gap of course is at the top of the slide.

So is it even possible to close the gap by making the ram extend farther if that is even possible?
The slides are moved by hydraulic rams.   
I have tried to push on the top of the slide and of course it doesn't move at all. 

I tried to photo it so you could see what I'm talking about but it's a tight fit to get a camera angle on it.
Hopefully you can see what I'm talking about. 

Any ideas on if this is fixable or adjustable to close the gap?

Attachments

• RV Wet staiin.jpg
    RV Wet staiin.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 54
  • RV slide corner gap.jpg
    RV slide corner gap.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 52
  • RV slide gap.jpg
    RV slide gap.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 48
I see that the title of this is off by one letter.

It should have said SLIDE GAP.

So no one has ever seen or heard about an issue like this?

The slide appears to be tight at both bottom ends and open at only one top end.
I can see no signs of damage where it might have got hit, twisted or bent somehow.

Just seems strange that it's like that - and wondered if anyone had any idea how to correct something like this.

I am sure there is a way to adjust the slide but I can't help you. I have read about slide adjustments but never done one.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom