Location to receive Amazon packages in Yuma AZ

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Debra17

I?m boondocking in Yuma area and want to order some stuff from Amazon. I was going to use their lockers but surprised to see they don?t have any in Yuma. Does anyone know of a place in Yuma that will receive packages that may be shipped by UPS, FedEx, or US mail?  I searched online and a couple that used to be here have apparently closed.

Hi Debra,

Wish you had asked a couple days ago. We are spending 6 nights in two RV resorts in Yuma and could have received it for you. I?m afraid that it wouldn?t arrive before we leave on Tuesday morning.

Tom

Hi Tom,
Thanks for the offer!  I thought for sure Amazon would have lockers here. Just checked today and found they didn?t.
I guess you and Theresa will be heading east soon, hope you enjoy your trip.
Debra

I'm not sure if this is an option but...

If you have an AMAZON PRIME membership could you stay in an RV park for 2 or 3 days and have the package delivered there?

If not - could you visit an RV park and ask a (retired?) couple if you could use their address and have it delivered and then call you when in?

Could you have it sent to a local post office under General Delivery with your name on it and then go pick it up?

Howdy,

RedandSilver said:
Could you have it sent to a local post office under General Delivery with your name on it and then go pick it up?

Not so easy with Amazon... But here are some pointers to the pages I read about how to get Amazon to work with GD:

https://www.pcmech.com/article/how-to-use-usps-general-delivery-when-online-retailers-wont-ship-to-a-po-box/

There's also a good thread here in RVForum, including a post by yours truly:
www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/index.php/topic,100685.msg905785.html#msg905785

Cheers, and good look for the OP,
--
  Vall.

Thanks RedandSilver and Vall for the replies. If I knew Amazon would ship via USPS I could use the General Delivery option.  But there is no telling how they will ship an item. I will only be here thru next Friday so I don?t want to take a chance on it. I?ve found that smaller towns are easier to find a place. There?s usually some type of business that provides this service. So I think now I?ll just wait til I get to my next location.

I used the Amazon lockers when I was in Tucson. That worked out great.

If you ship to a PO Box or General Delivery address, they can't use UPS or Fedex anyway (they cannot and will not deliver to a post office).  The package gets delivered to the post office.  I've done it successfully (once), but you have to be careful in setting it up.  Also, UPS & Amazon now have a cooperative delivery arrangement with the USPS and that may make the procedure easier from their side.

The article below explains a "trick"  to make sure the Amazon shipping system recognizes a General Delivery address.
http://www.travelwithkevinandruth.com/2015/03/how-to-collect-your-amazon-packages.html

I just went through all that with an Amazon package that they chose to send UPS to me General Delivery at  Quartzsite.

When I learned it was coming UPS I contacted Amazon and they assured me it wouldn?t be a problem.
I then contacted the Quartzsite P. O. and they also said it wouldn?t be a problem.

Apparently UPS didn?t get the message. After jerking me around from Thursday to Tuesday they told me I could pick it up in Blythe, CA.

I told them to send it back and found another vendor.

Tom

Debra17 said:
...There?s usually some type of business that provides this service. So I think now I?ll just wait til I get to my next location. ...

Check with the UPS store or the FEDEX equivalent as they will usually accept although there may be a charge as you are not a regular customer. 
I have done this many places and some charged and some did not.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom