Propane Heater Issue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

htiek65

Hello All, New to RVing and this site. I have an Itasca Suncruiser and the other night while I was sleeping the propane alarm went off. Now the heat does not work inside. The blower turns on but hot air does not come out of the vents. The exhaust on the outside comes out hot. Please advise, Thanks

Propane alarm did it beep beep or BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP  (Pattern of beeps)

IF you have hot air coming out the exhaust you should have WARM not hot air coming out the registers. You may need to use a thermometer to tell the difference between inlet and outlet, the blower moves a LOT of air so it does not get all that hot. Your furnace at home doesn't move as much air per BTU of heat so it comes out hotter.  I can hardly tell (by hand) the difference between inlet and outlet. but I see the thermometer responding.

If you can feel hot exhaust from the furnace, the furnace burner is operating and the heat problem isn't related to the LP alarm.

Do you feel any air at all from the heat outlets?  The furnace has two fans (one for combustion/exhaust and one for air circulation) but both are run by a single motor. If that motor is running, both fans should be moving air.  If not, one is mechanically broken.

I've written a layman's article on Furnace Troubleshooting. It's in the RVForum Library at http://www.rvforum.net/miscfiles/Furnace_Trouble-2.pdf

Back
Top Bottom