My new business cards

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SeilerBird

I am a Googleaholic and have been for the last 15 years. Google has been very good the entire time except one small thing. When they tried to compete with Facebook with Google Now they killed Picasa and replaced it with the worthless Google Photos. The whole problem is I had a few hundred business cards printed with my Picasa web site address that was no longer valid. So I had to print some new ones. The old one is on the right with the pelicans. The new one is on the left with the emu. That was one nasty bird. He was actually attacking me. Pecking at the lens. There is a large steel gate between us protecting me or he would have attacked me. It looks like he has a crazy look in his eyes when actually he has a crazy let's kill this guy look. I love modern technology that allows me to get my own photos printed on business cards that look so good. On the back is my name, address and new web site address.

Attachments

• Business cards.jpg
    Business cards.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 207
Arch Hoagland said:
Kinda reminds me of my old girlfriend.

Had one like that too. Now that's the look I get on my face sometimes while I'm dealing with quitting smoking.

kdbgoat said:
Had one like that too. Now that's the look I get on my face sometimes while I'm dealing with quitting smoking.

Keep going - Stop It before It stops you!

kdbgoat said:
If you would breath like I do for a day you would never touch a cigarette again. Emphysema is horrible. :mad:

I'm still making good headway. Funny thing is, my lungs are still in good shape. It's my heart that isn't in the best of shape. Doctors can't believe I breathe as well as I do. Family has a really long string of bad heart problems. We knew about a couple of folks with problems including my mother, who died at 44. One of my sisters found out when researching genealogy. Man what a hijack. Let's all get back to Tom's card. I am impressed with both pics Tom.

kdbgoat said:
I'm still making good headway. Funny thing is, my lungs are still in good shape. It's my heart that isn't in the best of shape. Doctors can't believe I breathe as well as I do. Family has a really long string of bad heart problems. We knew about a couple of folks with problems including my mother, who died at 44. One of my sisters found out when researching genealogy. Man what a hijack. Let's all get back to Tom's card. I am impressed with both pics Tom.
Thanks goat. There is no real way to know if your lungs are in good shape or not. Mine were in awesome shape until about four years ago. Then they suddenly got worse.

The emu has the same expression as my daughter had when asked "Where'd all the cookies go?"

BTW - great cards.

Corky

Over on one of the Harley forums they have a similar picture of an ostrich that someone posts every time a thread about motor oil is started.  They call him Earl.  I have a similar picture of a crow that I sometimes use as a forum avatar.
Those big birds are creepy to me, but then I had a bad experience with a goose when I was a youngster.

Love the emu pic, Tom!

Old_Crow said:
Those big birds are creepy to me, but then I had a bad experience with a goose when I was a youngster.

I gotta laugh, Wally. When our oldest was 3 or 4, a goose at the NY State Fair honked just as we walked past its cage. She jumped, cried, and said "goose, big honk, scared me". We still joke about it to this day but she has hated all birds ever since!

They(the geese)get a bit testy when you run out of the bread crumbs you've been feeding them.  That's all I've got to say about that.

The snowy egret sanctuary on Avery Island kinda creeped me out, as did the flock of whooping cranes we saw in New Mexico.
When I was younger, our family used to have Sunday dinner at the Tides restaurant in Bodega Bay.  That's where Hitchcock filmed "The Birds", and they had all kind of prop birds perched around the restaurant.  Might have something to do with it.

SeilerBird said:
Thanks goat. There is no real way to know if your lungs are in good shape or not. Mine were in awesome shape until about four years ago. Then they suddenly got worse.
Exactly what is happening with mine due to COPD.  If you are going to smoke, you might as well put a .38 to your head now and avoid the downhill slide.

Bill

I'm doing pretty well this time around. I can still pass a pulmonary function test. Doctors have a hard time believing I have smoked so much for so long. I do understand and appreciate the warnings though.

The emu is hilarious!  Good thing he was behind bars ?. Did you print the cards yourself or take them to a print shop?  And how did you create the card? Is there a google app that you used? I?m interested in making some cards 

Great pics Tom, I seem to remember the Emu one from one of your albums, it really makes you want to run and hide.
    Debra, our daughter made our using Microsoft Word, just printed them on craft paper and DW cut them to size.  It took a little playing to get them to center correctly on both sides of the paper.

Ed

Hfx_Cdn said:
    Great pics Tom, I seem to remember the Emu one from one of your albums, it really makes you want to run and hide.
    Debra, our daughter made our using Microsoft Word, just printed them on craft paper and DW cut them to size.  It took a little playing to get them to center correctly on both sides of the paper.

Ed

Thanks Ed. I could use Word. I don?t have a printer so would need to create a file I can take to a printer.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MtnRV
Back
Top Bottom