rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Fridge Defend
RV Life Magazine RV Park Reviews RV Trip Wizard

Author Topic: News story about CBD oil and Canadians coming south  (Read 3753 times)

darsben

• ---
  • Retired seeing the USA
1990 Fleetwood Southwind on P30 chassis located in
Central NY in summer and beautiful Casa Grande AZ in winter

Gary RV_Wizard

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • RVer Emeritus
Re: News story about CBD oil and Canadians coming south
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2019, 10:21:20 AM »
It is my understanding that possession and personal use of CBD is NOT a violation of US federal law, but it is still subject to regulation if sold as a therapeutic drug.  The distinction is foggy at best.   The Border Patrol is not noted for consistent application of rules, though, nor are they required to follow the letter of US law. They have the authority to ban anybody they judge is potentially trouble.
Gary
--------------
Gary Brinck
Summers: Black Mountain, NC
Home: Ocala National Forest, FL

thelazyl

• ---
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2019, 10:53:45 AM »
I live in Oregon's Willamette Valley - where the latest trend in crops is the plant used in CBD oil.  There are hundreds of acres of the stuff all around my place.  There are also many friends selling CBD with"cure all" claims.  I frankly don't know what to believe - I've been around long enough to remember snake-oil salesman and miracle cures that were bogus.  For myself I am skeptical but I also hope others can find relief using the oil. 

Back2PA

• Photo moderator
  • ---
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2019, 11:00:14 AM »
I live in Oregon's Willamette Valley - where the latest trend in crops is the plant used in CBD oil.  There are hundreds of acres of the stuff all around my place.  For myself I am skeptical but I also hope others can find relief using the oil.

For proven relief they should stick with your fine Pinot noirs  ;) ;D
Scott
2014 Montana High Country 343RL (37')
2011 SD F-250 Crewcab LB 4x4, 6.2 Gas, 10K gross
Eezrv TPMS
Fulltimer

Lowell

• ---
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2019, 11:03:13 AM »
CBD oil is available and legal in Arizona and can be found for sale everywhere including grocery stores.  My wife has  obtained some relief from joint aches using a CBD cream.  I have also seen some benefit from neck pain using the cream but it doesn't work all the time for me.    We also tried the CBD oil drops you put under your tongue but it didn't do a thing for either one of us.
Lowell
Currently without a trailer
2009 Dodge 1500 Crew Cab 4X4
KF7YET

Tempe, Arizona

SeilerBird

• ---
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2019, 11:14:30 AM »
I tried CBD and it did absolutely nothing for me. One of my friends uses it to fall asleep. That is what I wanted it for but it failed me.

Joezeppy

• ---
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2019, 11:21:17 AM »
Last month we spent a week in Niagara Falls, Ontario and even popped back to NY for a day mid-week. I was surprised we were never asked about marijuana/cannabis at all.
Joe & Kim
Upstate NY - Kuyahoora Valley
2010 GMC Sierra 2500HD - 6.0L
2017 Keystone Hideout 295BHS
Andersen Ultimate Aluminum 5th wheel hitch