Snow Birding in Florida

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kemo

Hello all,

New to Snow Birding and we are planning on staying in Florida during Jan/Feb/March 2019.  Question: Been finding a lot of RV resorts report no dates available for reservations online for that time period. Do they have sites open but just not showing on their websites?  What is best way to reserve more than 6 months in advance?  Thanks.

Kemo

Best to call the resorts. They may not have online registration for 2019 open yet, but in popular areas it's likely they're full. You're right to get on it now.

The parks that are completely owned by a corporation or individual should be taking reservations now, but the  ones where each individual site is owned by a separate individual, but are rented out by the park management, (like ours is) won't be renting them out until mid summer, since the park sends out permission contracts to each lot owner and the dead line to send them back is mid summer.

Your best bet is like others above have said and that is to call he RV park you are interested in.

Jack L

Florida state parks have an 11 month reservation window, and the available sites at popular parks are usually sold out within a minute of the window opening at 8:00am. The national parks like Salt Springs, Midway, etc, have a 6 month window, and also sell out very quickly. For longer stays than the usual 10-14 day state and national park limits, Salt Springs is a bit unique in allowing up to a 180 day stay on some sites.

geodrake said:
Markham Park, sunrise FL always has sites available.

I believe the same with Sanlan RV Resort in Lakeland FL.  We are there now. Been coming here for the last  5 years.

Thanks for the replies.  Good stuff so far.  Another question I have is other than doing extended stays at RV resorts is doing two to three week stays at campgrounds a good option?  I'm talking Florida of course.

Kemo said:
Thanks for the replies.  Good stuff so far.  Another question I have is other than doing extended stays at RV resorts is doing two to three week stays at campgrounds a good option?  I'm talking Florida of course.

At the CG I'm at, there are like 4 different rate seasons during the winter. If I arrive in the beginning of October, I keep that same rate the entire winter.  You'll have to contact the CG you're interested in and see what their  policy is.

Back
Top Bottom