99 Minnie Winnie slide out

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bigguyone

Hi all, 
    I have a 99 Minnie Winnie that the slide out will not go back in.    When i try it one side will come in but the other side wont and starts to twist.  When i try to slide it back out the pump will only run a few sec. and wont do anything for about 10 min or so and then only works for a few sec again.  Its like the bottom slid is jamming.  I cant find out how to get to the track to see, i have uncovered the ram but was no help.  I see there is a way to over ride the pump but i dont know where to hook the crank to it. Is there a way to remove the slide floor to get to the slides? Or am i looking in the wrong place?  And how do i us the over ride system... 

Thanks Dave

I think there's an equalization cylinder that regulates hydraulic pressure to the slide cylinders so the slide doesn't rack when extending or retracting. I don't think you want to "bypass" anything, you need to find the root cause of the problem. It's either mechanical (slide track) or hydraulic.

You could look on the HWH website for troubleshooting information, call them (might take a while to get a tech call-back), call Winnebago owner relations, or call for mobile RV service. Or maybe somebody here has some other ideas for you.

Hi  yea i put a call to them last wed, nothing yet.    i was just seeing if there was a way to bypass just to get it in,  i just rebuild eng and then went to test drive  and well thats not going to work till i get it back in.  They say there is a way to winch it back in but dont know were to place it to work
so not sure if i get it in a little it mite go by it self.  So any one ever did it that way.

I have been reading and it said mine can be done,    i found one site that said the heater vent is were it mounts at  and i think there is a belt under the couch that hooks to it,  Then there a T handle you have to turn,  havnt found it yet.  I will have to look when i get to shop tomorrow.  If i can get it retracted iam leaving it closed.  LOL  Rebuilding the eng was easy when it comes to the slideout.....

Well i got the slide in,  had to winch it in.  I had to use the pump and then the winch doing that back and forth,  but got it in thats the main thing, now we can test drive it and make sure the eng works ok  and so far it did good,  Will test drive some more to make sure.  now i can look at the slide to see whats wrong with it.  I hope its not to bad, after doing the motor job money it low.  But still cant wait to take it out and have some fun.

Thanks for the help with the slide, maybe some one will post something that will help a little more.

Thanks for the help
      Dave 

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom