FMCA TechConnect

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well,
I went ahead with this offer.
Good news: completely unlimited data for 49.95 a month.
That is pretty much the high point.
Sprint coverage can be less than impressive.
When it worked I could use my work VPN quite reliably, and get a lot done.
We were in the boonies near the FL-GA state line, and ATT was horrible. Margo would get a ping that someone left a voice message, but could not even check her messages. Google Fi was lost. My phone showed a 1G connection.
But Sprint seemed to right on top of us. I could connect and use Google phone through PC with no problem. Also had good VPN access to corporate network.
Next day, in Central GA, Sprint, and Verizon were lost, but ATT came through brilliantly.

near Waterboro, ME, right now, we have good signal for Sprint, but service is intermittent, and unreliable.
no explanation for that. seems I need to power reset the router every now and again.
ATT circuits are unreliable,as well. Google Fi has been solid.

Well, it's cheaper than Verizon, works at least as well.

LarsMac said:
Sprint coverage can be less than impressive.

with the imminent Sprint/T-Mobile merger you may find the coverage considerably better as the networks will effectively be one.

solarman said:
with the imminent Sprint/T-Mobile merger you may find the coverage considerably better as the networks will effectively be one.

Yep. We'll have to see how that plays out.

solarman said:

Re that merger
Federal courts approved
Several states are attempting to block
I'm of mixed emotions.. As a T-mobile customer the addition of the SPRINT towers to the network may benefit me.. The reduction in Competition likely will not.

Back
Top Bottom