2014 monarch Monaco roadside overhead lights not working

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

klong713

Hello,  looking for some help.  We arrived at our destination yesterday and hooked up go 50 amp shore.  Everything worked.  However this morning everything but the small roadside over head lights will not come on.  I have tried to trouble shoot the problem but I am at a loss of where to go.  Fuses look good.  Batteries are full and no corrosion.

Please advice if you can.

Thanks

Those are on your 12 volt side, and often it ends up being a ground problem.  Look around at the wiring to see if a ground wire has worked itself into a bad connction

Ed

If by "roadside lights" you mean the overhead clearance lights, I would think they'd run off your chassis battery. So it sounds like you're not getting 12 volts from the house batteries, or the converter. It makes me think that a main power cable has come loose. You said the house batteries are fully charged. From where did you take the reading, and what was their voltage?

If you're still hooked up to shore-power, I'd suggest taking a voltage measurement at the battery terminals. If the house batteries are fully charged, you should see a reading in the low 13 volt range. If you're not hooked up to shore-power, tell us what the voltage is.

Kev

Back
Top Bottom