Upgrading removable propane tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MikeNNRV

I received an advertisement recently; maybe Harbor Freight, maybe Northern Tool.  They have reduced prices on their 7 gal portable propane tanks.
My TT has 2 of the 4.5 gal tanks, tongue-mounted.  It looks like the threaded rod for the clamp is long enough to work with the larger tanks.  Also, it looks like there is room to accommodate larger diameters.  My regulator lines have sufficient loops in the length.

Currently I have a plastic slide-over cover and I realize it may no longer fit perfectly, but never understood the value of this.

?What else do I need to consider before swapping out these 2 tanks?

Thank you, All

The diameter should be the same.  Be sure that you have room for the height.  The rod is simply a piece of threaded rod available at any hardware store, if you need longer.  I like to put a large washer and a locking nut under the base for strength and safety.  The cover is mostly decorative but is does offer a bit of weather protection for all the components.

The cover should still fit over the tanks and regulators to keep them a bit cleaner and a bit protected.  They will be too short to cover the tanks as before and will look a bit strange.  All cosmetic.  Just label it  "MY MINI SKIRT"    If the extra tongue wt is OK, go for it!

Back
Top Bottom