Capitol Reef Campgrounds

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

timjet

I would like to stay at Singletree Campground near Capitol Reef NP. The reservation site only allows reservations for rigs 35 ft or smaller. Anybody stay at Singletree in a 40 footer?

Haven'the stayed at Singletree, but Thousand Lakes in Torrey has plenty of sites that will work for your rig. Very friendly folks, and relatively convenient to the NP.

https://www.thousandlakesrvpark.com

Edit: Just looked at Fishlake online and understand why you't want to stay there. I seem to recall there was one or more private campgrounds at Fish Lake, but I haven't been in them.

I haven't stayed at Singletree but have done some research for a return trip to the area. The Singletree reservation site has several sites showing 40' length and based on reports I've read you shouldn't have a problem.

I recall that when I narrowed the potential future candidate campgrounds I chose the Fruita Campground based on reviews, however they do not take reservations.

I don't know why I couldn'd find a 40' site at Singletree before but I got one now. Thanks guys.

We haven't stayed at Singletree before but we generally stay in Torrey at either Wonderland or Thousand Lakes, both are nice.  We did stay at Sandcreek last fall due to me not making reservations early enough in advance and I wasn't impressed.  Although I was able to get our 40 footer settled into a site, it was a bit tight compared to what I prefer and could definitely use some TLC.

Mike

A little side-note.... Capitol Reef is in the top five or so of our very favorite NP's. Don't miss the home baked pies at the visitor store and pick some fruit (they allow it) in the orchard outside.

Yonder said:
A little side-note.... Capitol Reef is in the top five or so of our very favorite NP's. Don't miss the home baked pies at the visitor store and pick some fruit (they allow it) in the orchard outside.

Agreed.  Don't miss stopping at the Gifford House and getting a treat.  They have also added new tables and chairs outside last year to enjoy sitting outside and relaxing while you enjoy your pie.  The old tables were getting pretty ratty looking.

If you are in Torrey, the bakery that makes the pies is right at the junction of Hwy 24 that runs through Torrey and Hwy 12, you can also stop there and get a treat to take back to camp.

Mike

If you drive through the small town of Loa (at the foot of Boulder Mountain, 20 miles from Torrey), there's a ranger station on the main street where you can buy NFS maps.

Two blocks from the main street, at the Torrey end of town, is a great fly fishing store and guide service.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom