Landing Gear and Slide Out Fuse Location

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

grashley

I posted this in Tech Talk, but have received very few views or responses.

I checked what items were on each fuse, and found NONE of the fuses in the Power Center protected the landing gear, power rear stabilizer or the slide outs.

Where are the fuses for these items on your rig?

Thanks in advance!

Not sure about yours but my 5er landing gear fuses are located in the forward storage compartment.

I am not very familiar with fifth wheel trailers but I will take shot on how to find the fuse or breaker.

Both of those items are relatively high amp devices.  They might be protected directly in the line that provides them with power.

Can you trace the heavy wire from the landing gear back to where it connects to the battery or power distribution center which is probably very close to the batteries.

I suspect that you might find a rather large inline fuse or circuit breaker close to that point.

If both the landing gear and the slide out do not have power than it might be a point common to both.

Get a test light and start at the landing gear and move back testing for a light until you get a light and therefore power.  The fuse or open circuit will be between the last two locations tested.

Good Luck.

I've read that some have a fusible link buried deep in the wire loom also. Something that wouldn't be fun to find if you are trying to locate it for future reference.

Thanks.  All are working well, but I would like to locate these fuses / breakers BEFORE I have a problem.  Besides, it gives me an excuse to come out here!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom