Toilet won't stop filling when pump is on

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

petepell

Hi all,

Well I've managed to fix a bunch of stuff on this old RV, but there's always a new adventure waiting just around the corner. :)

Today after replacing the original shower wand in my 2001 Bounder, I noticed that when I turn on the pump in the bathroom, the toilet will start filling and won't stop until I turn the pump back off.  Obviously this creates a problem when we want to use the sink or shower.  Is there an easy fix for this?

Thanks!
Pete

Not sure what kind of toilet you have but we had the same problem. Ours was a Thetford. Something in the flush valve broke and I had to install a new valve. Wasn't a real big job. The new valve came as a kit with a seal for reinstalling the toilet to the floor. While I was at it I installed a shut off to the toilet.

We sold that coach and bought a new one and I installed shut off valves to all the supply lines. 

The seal on the water inlet could have a piece of crud on it, which causes pressurized water to leak past it, or the seal could be damaged. As dabrooks mentioned, rebuild kits are reasonably priced and readily available, and the job itself is not nearly as difficult, or messy as people often think.

Kev

Great, thanks for the quick replies.  I'm going to find out what kind of toilet we have in there and then figure out what the deal might be.  I watched a few repair videos and after reading your posts it does seem fairly straightforward.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7mark7
Back
Top Bottom