Coachman Leprachaun

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wesheets

Okay, y'all. Hit me up with your likes/dislikes and so on :). We were vacillating between a TT and a class C. I wanted to pull something behind the Suburban, but then it just seemed like with weight restrictions and so on it might be a problem. We also have 4 kids still at home and a 100# animal. SO.....we can pull a jeep behind when we wish (2K lbs, roughly), but just the idea of picking up and just going to get away is what we like. Plus, we plan on taking it to specific locations as well. What we like about the Coachman vs say a Winnebago: the ductwork, the tank size, the interior, the storage, the insulation, some of the exterior attributes, the hydraulics...and the Ford engine. Those can all be nightmarish, too, of course. Which is why we have you all! Now, we have scoured the inter webs and cannot find nary a blowup about this coach. Fill us in!

I've got one, and have no major complaints. One has to realize it's not a Newmar or Country Coach, but it doesn't cost as much either. If you have to have solid wood cabinets, and solid surface countertops, look elsewhere. One opinion I have about class C's is it is not if the front leaks, but when. I'm one of those folks that is paranoid about water intrusion, so I was proactive about making sure the seams we're sealed well. I had a problem with the furnace and one call to Coachmen had that covered. Never bothered even talking to the dealer about a fix. They sent the parts, and I installed them. I would rather do the work myself instead of having a dealer touch it. Both DVD players had issues. A couple of emails to Furrion, and both were replaced free, along with one unit being an upgrade. Neither problem was the fault of Coachmen. If you like to camp in sub freezing weather, they aren't for you on that either. The tanks, even though they have tank heaters, are fully exposed. You could add heat tape to the discharge piping and probably do some cover up to remedy that though. Mine is rated to tow 7500#, so that's a good thing. Better than most class A gassers. I have enough storage room that I could easily overload, so storage space isn't an issue. Overall, I'm quite satisfied with mine.

Thanks, KD.
Good advice all around.
Forgot the name of their insulation product, but they claim it is mold resistant and is a better and lighter product than others in that regard. It also seems that there is a nod to a better insulated coach for a warmer experience in colder weather, but then, I have zero to compare it to. Though I don't anticipate being in 9 degrees like we had here recently, I do think I could get caught in colder weather due to conditions, including snow. Should I need to use a skirt and other aides, I would hope it'd be fairly straight forward to take care of.

I'm not happy about the leak issue....where might that leak be? Engine, cab, roof, other?

I drive a 2005 Damon Intruder, which is a continous maintenanace job.. But you know. So was the house. only difference is I can do much of the work on the motor home myself making it cheaper.

I'm not a fan of Ford. but they do make good "Trucks" and the Motor home is based on a truck chassis so I won't go into why

Seafire, or Sea fire productions, it is a music publishing house.  the owners lived for several years in a 30' Leprachaun  Being as the musician in the family (the other half is the recording engineer).  is a Celtic Style musician... Well, it was irresistable.

It's not insulation you're thinking about,  it's Azdel. It's used in place of luan sheathing. I can't say mine is insulated any better than any other RV, and less than some pricier RVs. When exploring mine, I found the insulation in the front cap was less than desirable. I threw away what was there and reinsulated with Roxul. The leaks I was referring to is the roof penetrations and the seams where everything is joined together. Window seals too. Don't sweat the leaks, just learn how to inspect everything and take care care of potential issues before they arise.

Back
Top Bottom