Floor Vent Covers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mick & Pat

Hi Guy's its the two Brits from sunny but cool Spain again.

Been some time since last posting and there has been a major change.

We have owned and lived full time in our 2005 Fleetwood Discovery A class for 10 years & 4 months and have just exchanged her for a 2018 Keystone Alpine 3500 RL 5th wheeler.

It's become a new learning curve and I have and no doubt will have a few questions that as usual YOU EXPERTS may be able to help with?

So here goes with with the first problem, the 5th wheeler has several floor vents which being in areas heavily walked on appear to be quite susceptible to damage as well a good dirt trap so I tried a Google search for RV floor vent covers but without success, can any of you guys help with either a link to 'covers' or any idea to prevent dirt going in or damage?

Thanks 

We found filters that went into the vents at the local hardware store and also at both LOWE's and Home Depot so you should be able to find something similar over there.

Good Luck,

Though the filters help with the crud... They don't stop the damage.. i've not seen vent covers save in some mail order specality houses from time to time.. you' likely have to make them.

Go to local BIG hardware store.  Take a vent in with you.  Go down HVAC vent isle.  Look at simple to cut mesh or material to go inside to reduce dirt.  Very thin material, you don't really want to filter / reduce air flow.  Also look at cost to replace vent if nasty ($10 usd) or buy a can of spray paint,

If you are using the furnace and these vents, I would skip the filters which will block air flow, and pull them to vacuum out the "stuff" every couple months.  Being floor vents, they should be made to withstand foot traffic.  As Spencer said, replacements should be easy to find and inexpensive to replace when needed.

Assuming they are metal registers. I made some covers for my floor vents. I just used some of the vinyl flooring that is used in the trailer (got a sample from the trailer mfr) and some self-adhesive magnetic sheets to stick to the underside of the flooring pieces. I cut those magnetic sheets to the same dimension as each register and cut the flooring samples larger than the register so they overlap the register in all directions. I did a pretty good job of matching the grain of the covers to the grain of the flooring and so they are barely noticeable on the floor.

Attachments

• register cover bottom.jpg
    register cover bottom.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 36
  • register cover top.jpg
    register cover top.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 40
Hammster -- very nice.  You get an AAA+++++.  I practiced with some old magnetic signs and 'woodgrain' sticky shelf liner.  Did well enough to keep the dog hair outta the vents and they are out of the way so haven't worn too much in 10 years.  JM2?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom