First ever road trip in our first ever coach....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alpena Jeff

Begins 2 weeks from today. We are mucho excited but slightly nervous of the unknown.
The journey begins in north Michigan, current temp is 5. Destination south Florida. Our first Florida camping experience will be Topsail. I've seen good reviews from the nice folks on this forum.
I have learned so much from all of you over the last couple years. Hope it stuck!
I'll yell if I need ya? 8)
Jeff & Judy

Good luck on this and future trips.  Keep us posted.  Over the years I have learned a lot from this forum and its many nice members and I'm sure you will too.

Most memorable experience from our first trip: The sewer hose was shipped without a gasket for the connection on the RV....tends to spray directly at the person pulling the handle on the black tank.  :p

I said to myself before I pulled the handle "sure seems like that should fit tighter".  Then I thought "it's brand new, can't be wrong"  Bad assumption.

First long trip is always fun. Thank heavens there are Walmarts everywhere for what you forgot to bring along.

Where are you headed to in Florida?  I assume you have reservations there. 

Arch Hoagland said:
First long trip is always fun. Thank heavens there are Walmarts everywhere for what you forgot to bring along.

Where are you headed to in Florida?  I assume you have reservations there.
Actually we have a house rented for the month of March in Cape Coral. This went down before we bought the coach. We have some reservations in April in St. Augustine, savannah and Charleston.

Have a great trip and make some wonderful memories - hopefully all good ones!

ArdraF

Thanks for the kind thoughts all. Our first big challenge will be getting out of Michigan. 6-7 inches of snow today with another big drop coming Sunday. Let's hope we catch a window!

Our first trip started in Yuma, after we had transferred contents from our little 19 foot trailer and sold the Blazer that pulled it.  It was near dark as we came down Hwy 95 to Quartzsite.  I (Margi) was so nervous.  Tom was not (so he says).  We were welcomed into the loving arms of experienced travelers of the RV Forum.  Great circumstances for a maiden voyage.  :D

HueyPilotVN said:
It seems like just yesterday that you were trying to decide if you wanted to get an RV.

Good Luck on your first of hopefully many trips.
Yea, I remember Bill. A few of you guys took the time to chat with me offline. I won't forget that. I expect I'll meet a bunch of you next winter!

I'm Jealous! 
We got the camper, but we still have daily baby sitting duties.  I know we will make it in God's good time.

Enjoy and keep us informed, so we can drool, too!

Your time will come Preacher. Ours will too. Remember...we are still in Michigan! Still have family commitments. All we think about these days is this first trip.
Jeff

Spring Creek said:
Most memorable experience from our first trip: The sewer hose was shipped without a gasket for the connection on the RV....tends to spray directly at the person pulling the handle on the black tank.  :p

I said to myself before I pulled the handle "sure seems like that should fit tighter".  Then I thought "it's brand new, can't be wrong"  Bad assumption.
Kurt, so what you're saying is send the wife out?

Tom and Margi said:
Our first trip started in Yuma, after we had transferred contents from our little 19 foot trailer and sold the Blazer that pulled it.  It was near dark as we came down Hwy 95 to Quartzsite.  I (Margi) was so nervous.  Tom was not (so he says).  We were welcomed into the loving arms of experienced travelers of the RV Forum.  Great circumstances for a maiden voyage.  :D
Excellent first trip Margi. It would be nice to have all that experience around you if needed.

We leave Western NY Wed morning for Fl. The forecast is sunny and 44. Been pretty cold and snowy here ,hope our luck for a good day reaches you guys.
Safe travels
Bob

We were just at TopSail.  I highly recommend seeing the Naval Aviation Museum!!  In my humble opinion, it is better than the Smithsonian's Air Museum. 
The blue Angels might be practicing too. 

Also, in Mobile Alabama there is a WW2 sub and battleship.

We also saw our very first Alligator in the "wild".  Wild means the State knew (I assume) people were going to alligator watch there but there was nothing between us and the 'gators.  I gave them plenty of respect and we agreed to go our separate ways!

Very cool trip. 

You will have an awesome time!!  Tons to do.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom