Experience with Stable lift truck camper support

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bobcity

New to this forum and need some help. I'm thinking of getting the Stable Lift support system for my Truck Camper.  If it works as advertised I'll be happy.  Does anyone here have one or know of one.  I'd really like some feedback before I spend the $2500 that it costs.  I tore my rear jacks of the other day and I am so done with jacks.
Thanks,
Bob

I am on truck camper #4, have never used the stablelift.  I considered getting them on my first TC, but I couldn'r see spending 1500 on a 2000 unit!  (They were 1500 back then) 

I have seen them used, and spoke with folks that have them.  They loved the things.  My concern was setting up in places like I have camped, roots, rocks etc.  Seemed to me that they would rock.  With 4 legs you can adjust. 

My personal opinion, seeing them, looking into them, I wouldn't buy them.  Your mileage may vary. 

How did you tear off the jacks?  Error, or some othre mishap? 

Years ago when we had TC  came close to damaging the legs but never did.  Only had 3 on a 11 1/2  fter.  Just have to be conscious of what you are doing sometimes in life. 

3 leg units seem more vulnerable for damage.  They are in exposed areaes vs. the 4 legs.  When 4 are retracted the bottom is only a small amount under the back corners, and thr front atr in close to the cab.  Most 3-legs are set up to swing for storage.  On mine I used to leave them at home, didn't take the camper off while gone anyway! 

With the stablelif you have to be concious if where it is sitting.  Of course, if only removing at home, you have control.  In a CG however, the rustic areas don't tend to be all that flat. 

Back
Top Bottom