Anyone remove their booth and use chairs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Raidmagic

Anyone? Talk to me. What did you do to secure them for transport? We are batting around the idea. We don't use the storage under them and there are no vitals under there so we'd like to swap out the booth for chairs. Anything I should look for when buying chairs? Thanks for your tips. Here's a shot of my table I built that will replace the stock table. This is payment for you taking your time to read my thread. :)

Attachments

• IMG_20180209_111517_966.jpg
    IMG_20180209_111517_966.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 102
We have had a table and chairs from the start, although I wanted the booth but we took what was in stock. Our table is screwed to the floor. The chairs are kept in position with straps that are screwed into the floor then wrapped over seats. I protect the chairs by putting cushions between them when travelling, but you could use towels, throws etc.

Photo doesn't show straps but where arrow is shows position of one. There are 4. Another one is in circle behind chair leg and arrow there shows where straps go.  Hope this helps.

Attachments

• 20180210_113613.jpg
    20180210_113613.jpg
    229.7 KB · Views: 99
This pic is zoomed in a bit...

Straps look like these but longer...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Replacement-Horse-Straps-trigger-adjustable/dp/B00D1454NK

Attachments

• 20180210_113949.jpg
    20180210_113949.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 52
Never looked back!  We don't do any securing, just push the chairs in they don't move.

Attachments

• DSC_1936sm.jpg
    DSC_1936sm.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 71
Same here. Our table is anchored to the floor so that stops 2 of the chairs from flying forward and the end wall of the slide out stops the other 2 chairs from going forward if we need to make a emergency stop.

I have a few built-in table with chairs. I have never needed to secure the chairs, however they are somewhat blocked in while driving due to the fold down and step cover. Also
the after one is blocked by the table from coming forward when braking hard.

We have a brand new 2018 travel trailer that we custom ordered with a table and four chairs.
The table was screwed to the floor and each chair had a "D" ring screwed to the floor with a removable and adjustable strap with a buckle for securing it.

Since we have put the trailer on a permanent site I have removed all the hard ware, but if I were towing the trailer, the set up was so neat I would have left it and used the straps each time we traveled.

Jack L

We have a table and four chairs in our fiver and they do not get tied down and do not move. Fore and aft the couch rear wall front keep them from flying around and when the slide is in only about 18 to 24 inches to the sink. Never had a problem.

Well my wife found the chairs she wants so the booth is coming out. Should work out well. Thanks for all the replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chaderic
Back
Top Bottom