2004 Bounder M35R

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oldryder

I am looking at one of these used.  Owner asking $29K.  Gas engine.  All maint is current and tires are new.  owner says he has maint records.  39,000 miles. includes automatic jacks and tow hitch.

I have seen reports of fogging windows.  Is this a typical problem and, if yes, will it be readily apparent in cold weather (in MN it's -2 degrees F today).  I saw one post indicating it was a $1000 to fix.

Any other issues I should be looking for?  This will be a 1st motorhome for my wife and I.  It's 100 miles to go look at it.

thx to anyone taking the time to share their expertise.

MArk in MN

I bought a 2000 Tiffin  33 last year  in excellent shape with  40,000 miles on it , V10  runs like a top . I paid $ 18,500

It does like to rev when  going up hills ,  when it shifts down  it increases  about 1000 rpms

I wouldn't be afraid of the V10  , there are a lot of them out there

NADA  low retail is about  $26k  on that coach  , high is 32  ... if you like it  offer  28  and see if they take it

Fogging windows is not an unusual problem.  The seals between panes fail and moisture gets in.  If the problem is extensive, it should be visible even in winter.  I have one window in my coach with the problem.  It got down to 0 recently and it is still fogged.  As to the estimate of $1000, I'm no expert but I would say it totally depends on how many windows have a problem.  If you were to have all the windows in the coach resealed, that might be about right.

nfredrick said:
NADA  low retail is about  $26k  on that coach  , high is 32  ... if you like it  offer  28  and see if they take it

I would offer them quite a bit less  than 28,000.  When they set the selling price, most likely they inflated the price knowing that they were going to be talked down. I would go about 22,000 then let them come back with a counter offer. Then go back and forth until you're both happy.

I'm assuming this is you're first RV. If it is, you should probably consider having it inspected by a Mobile Inspector. Well worth the money. He can find things that you would probably miss. Some of these things could be real expensive to fix once you get it home. Tires are a big one. You said the seller said they were new. Check the dates on them. If they are 7/8 years old, figure on replacing them ASAP. 

I had the two front windows repaired at RVfogdr. in Searcy, Ak. last summer. $300.00 for the drivers and $200.00 for the passenger side. Be ware that the window may NOT be repairable, if it is etched. I had the small sliding window on the passenger side that was etched. I didn't want to wait for a week while they ordered a new window, so I had them clean it best they could and put it back in. It don't affect my vision so it will stay that way long as I own the coach. My front windows consist of one large window and 2 smaller, one being the slider. I got $800.00 in the repair counting the trip down there. The fellow that was parked next to me had 6 windows repaired, they did it in one day but wanted him to stay the night so they would set up. I wish I would have too, because the passenger side moved, and I had to redo that window a month later. 

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DUSM0518
Back
Top Bottom