2000 Four Winds Hurricane weight limits

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rollinOn6ANDaDream

Hello, I'm a newbie to this. I bought a used 2000 Four Winds Hurricane class A MH...I can't seem to find the weight specifications anywhere. I've read the owners manual, looked in the MH from top to bottom. Can anyone help me with this? I plan on towing a vehichle on a tow dolly, already purchased a used American Tow Dolly Company dolly with electric breaks. Looking at a 2008 Chrysler Sebring convertible to tow. Needing some input on weight limits, please and thank you.

Somewhere in the motorhome you will find its GVWR and ULW (Unladen or dry weight), usually on a placard on the wall next to the driver seat. Maybe GCWR there are well. There should also be a more detailed weight placard in a cabinet somewhere inside, showing a detailed set of weights and ratings per the RVIA standards applicable in that year. 

For towing, you are mainly concerned with the difference between the GVWR and the GCWR (the tow rating) and the hitch capacity (shown on a sticker on the hitch receiver but often damaged or worn away). 

It would be helpful if you identified the model of Hurricane you have, since they were built on both Ford and Workhorse chassis and on several different sizes (weight capacity) of each. The NADA RV Guide lists the available models:
http://www.nadaguides.com/RVs/2000/Four-Winds/Motorhomes

Back
Top Bottom