stains inside from leak around skyline

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rgriffjr

I have a 2003 Winnebago Journey DL. Around the skyline in bathroom we have some stains on the ceiling from a leak.  How should we clean it?  Suggestions please.  :mad:

Welcome!  I'll follow along, because I have the same stains.  Repaired the skylight temporarily, but haven't tried removing the stains yet.

I'm not sure what the ceiling material is, e.g. vinyl or cloth fabric, ozite-like carpet, some sort of paneling, etc. Generally, though, you can try a mild oxidizing detergent such as OxyClean. If that does do it, try a detergent and bleach solution. Cautiously increase the amount of bleach to determine a safe amount, testing in an unobtrusive area.

Some of these home-remedy treatments for carpet stains may help:
https://www.rd.com/home/cleaning-organizing/homemade-carpet-stain-removers/

Gary RV_Wizard said:
I'm not sure what the ceiling material is, e.g. vinyl or cloth fabric, ozite-like carpet, some sort of paneling, etc.

Gary, assuming the OP's Journey ceiling is the same as my '00 Horizon ceiling, it's a fuzzy, carpet-like fabric.  (Not sure what ozite is)  OxyClean is what I had thought of using (but haven't gotten around to doing).

I had the same thing recently and tried several things like Oxy clean with no good results. Then I found Clorox Oxy with non chlorine bleach. It does great. Just spray it on and let it sit. The stains fade over several hours but you might need to use several applications. I had one very bad stain from an old satellite dish that took 3 or 4 applications and now I cant even see where the stain was. Hope this helps.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awiltzius
Back
Top Bottom