BLM or dispersed camping near Tucson, AZ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GeneS

i am leaving Globe in the morning.  Thinking about heading further south toward Tucson. After boondocking in several areas for nearly three weeks, I caved in and had solar installed in Quartzsite last Tuesday, and immediately drove to my reserved, full hook-up spot in Escapees North Ranch Park in Congress for a week.  Will spend 2 nights here in Gila County RV Park ($18 to dry camp!).  Need to get back to free camping to get full advantage of my solar investment! ::)

https://freecampsites.net/#!1017&query=sitedetails

We have stayed there for a couple of days.  Not  bad place.

Snyder Hill.  I saw that in a different app [Park Advisor]as well.  Looks like a good starting point for adventures on the Harley as well.  Thanks!

Look up Campendium. What I like is they often have reviews which tell you what size of rig fits etc....

Hi Gene,

We stayed at Snyder Hill BLM Area, Tucson, Arizona 85710 - Hwy 86 to San Joaquin Rd, turn right, GPS: 32.15788, -111.11542 for one night.

The entrance I used looked ok to begin with but quickly turned into Moto-X style whoop-dee-doo?s. I pulled on through without damage due more to good luck than common sense. We did get into a suitable spot. The area is so used that it has been ground into fine dust.

There were better spots there but hard to access with our coach.

There is also construction in the area affecting access points.

Glad to hear that you got your solar installed. We bought all major components and will install when we get back to IL in May. I?ve been using one or two panels (170 Watts each) propped up along side our coach like portables. Although they are bringing the batteries up to 100% during the day, they are lower than I want in the morning. They?ve gotten as low as 60% after running the satellite system all night and the furnace kicking on in the morning.  I?ll triple the battery bank when I do the install. Could get by just doubling but wouldn?t give any reserve for a couple cloudy days.

Tom

Hi Gene, congratulations on getting your solar installed!  I stayed at Snyder Hill BLM the first week of January before going to Kofa. Most everyone seems to stay on the west side of the hill.  It was crowded when I got there. I camped on the east side of the hill and there were only about 3 or 4 other rigs there. When I was there you could enter the east side area from S Camino Verde Ave. there is a traffic signal at the intersection with Ajo Hwy. the access was on the south side of the fire station. There is road construction there so don?t know if that access would still be open. This is a good location out of the main city but still close enough to be convenient

Mike stayed at Snyder Hill for 4 weeks while I was at the Tucson VA. He went into a nearby Passport America RV Park for a couple of nights when he needed to dump halfway thru the stay.

Back
Top Bottom