Disposing of waste water?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Frank B

I didn't even know pillow tanks existed. Great idea!

Now, any similarly good ideas about getting rid of the waste?

Frank B said:
I didn't even know pillow tanks existed. Great idea!

Now, any similarly good ideas about getting rid of the waste?

Another bladder and a macerator pump.Fill up one bladder to get rid of waste, fill up the clean bladder for trip home. Hint-don't mix up the bladders. ;D

Kdbgoat::

Well, I guess that is the quick-and-dirty answer.  :) :D ;D ;)

With over 70 gallons of waste water, I'd have to make the dump trip twice with a 45 gallon bladder, or have two of those bladders. Now it's getting complicated. At some point it just becomes easier to hook up, take it away to empty it, and then come back.

Unless someone has a solution I don't know about. That was what I was hoping for.

I think I may start another thread on this specific to the waste situation.

There is a post here that offers a good idea of how to easily transport additional fresh water to your unit when boondocking. I guess a similar bladder tank and macerator pump solution could be used to transport waste. However, if you have a lot of waste, like well over the 45 gallon capacity of a bladder tank, it just becomes easier to tow the trailer away to dump it.. And I don't see a pillow tank being practical for something like that because of the huge surface area to capacity ratio. Has to be messy and hard to clean.

Unless someone knows of a better solution. That is what I am starting this thread to determine.

We all know about the gray waste tanks that come in 10 and 20 gallon capacities that you can hook over your hitch and tow slowly through a campground. Not practical if you are truly boondocking and have to make a trip down the highway.

Does anyone rent a portable Honey Wagon for something like this?

Better ideas?

Tks.

Frank.

I recently ran into a very experienced workamping couple who often work at places without full hookups. He picked up used 35 gallon plastic soap barrels from a car wash, strapped them vertically in the back of his pickup, and plumbed them. One is setup for fresh water storage and two are setup for waste water. The fresh water has a transfer pump for moving water to the RV. The waste water is setup to receive waste via a macerator, and has a large diameter dump hose used at the dump station. In this way he never has to move the rig, dumps the tanks and brings back fresh water.

Thank you for posting a practical solution that someone is actually using! Sometimes one can get all sorts of weird and untried ideas in a thread like this.

Frank.

Frank B said:
Thank you for posting a practical solution that someone is actually using! Sometimes one can get all sorts of weird and untried ideas in a thread like this.

Frank.

I have on occasion noticed that my gray tank will develop a leak when boondocking..  ;D ;D

Last year I spent a lot of time working on a design that would allow me to use the Trailer Toad to dump waste water and refill fresh water when boondocking.

I looked at mounting two 100 gallon plastic tanks with attention to isolating the fill ports and drains.

The down side was cost and the final determining factor that convinced me not to do it was that the tanks would prevent me from opening the rear engine access to check fluids when on the road.

Here is a link to the post.

http://www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/index.php/topic,88123.msg800109.html#msg800109

solarman said:
I have on occasion noticed that my gray tank will develop a leak when boondocking..  ;D ;D

:)( :)( :)(

Perhaps you could implement an inspection and maintenance schedule so that the leak doesn't develop.

Dreamsend said:
:)( :)( :)(

Perhaps you could implement an inspection and maintenance schedule so that the leak doesn't develop.

just a little humor..  there are no leaks..

HueyPilotVN:

Common sense won out and I figured it would be much cheaper to just drive the coach to the dump site.

The above taken from your linked post.

Yeah, I am coming to the same conclusion.  Though it is a nuisance to have to hook up and dump, the alternatives don't look much better.  In any case, most places only allow a 2 week stay anyway, and if we are REALLY careful, we can squeak two weeks on the holding tanks.  I have several 6 gal jugs to refill the fresh water.  Not as nice as the bladder / pillow tank idea, but good enough for our needs - especially considering the back of our truck is usually full of other gear.

That WAS an amazing project!  And it sure SEEMED like a good idea!  ;D

Anyway, thanks for sharing your experience with that.

Frank.

Back
Top Bottom