EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: class A decal removal  (Read 279 times)

capt stu

• ---
class A decal removal
« on: February 14, 2018, 05:01:23 PM »
Thanks in advance for any advice. We have a 2008 Tiffin allegro that one of the previous owners apparently left out in the hot TEXAS sun & lots of decals have started to check and fade . Last year I removed the large one on the rear (not original ) using a heat gun , plastic scraper, 3M stripe off wheel and Rapid remover to remove the glue residue. While this worked it was very labor intensive and slow going . We have decided to bite the bullet and replace the decals , in doing some research have seen where some people have used heat lamps to loosen the graphics ( I understand I will have to be very careful not to let them get too hot and damage the gel coat ) . Also some people have used two products called Graphxoff & Vinyl-off by Crystal tek . If you have any advice I am all ears . Thanks

• ---
Re: class A decal removal
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2018, 06:21:25 PM »
I did mine on a 31ft class c using heat gun and plastic scraper,  tried other ways but for me was best way............ slow but  steady
2004 Minnie    29k    Ford E-450    V-10
Toad        2009 Kia  Sportage

• ---
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2018, 08:08:56 AM »
I tried several methods and for me the eraser wheel worked best. It removed the decal and glue
Jerry & Patsy Potter, Taz & Jake Jr.
2000 Winnebago Journey
2006 Ford Explorer 4X4
Home: Milledgeville Ga.

Gary RV_Wizard

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • RVer Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2018, 11:21:53 AM »
It appears you have already used the standard techniques, all of which are tedious chores.  I'm not sure that a heat lamp is any better (or worse) than a heat gun, but it might free up a hand cause the lamps are usually on a tripod whereas the gun is usually hand-held.
Gary Brinck
Summers: Black Mountain, NC
Home: Ocala National Forest, FL

Hosted by Over The Network