class A decal removal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

capt stu

Thanks in advance for any advice. We have a 2008 Tiffin allegro that one of the previous owners apparently left out in the hot TEXAS sun & lots of decals have started to check and fade . Last year I removed the large one on the rear (not original ) using a heat gun , plastic scraper, 3M stripe off wheel and Rapid remover to remove the glue residue. While this worked it was very labor intensive and slow going . We have decided to bite the bullet and replace the decals , in doing some research have seen where some people have used heat lamps to loosen the graphics ( I understand I will have to be very careful not to let them get too hot and damage the gel coat ) . Also some people have used two products called Graphxoff & Vinyl-off by Crystal tek . If you have any advice I am all ears . Thanks

I did mine on a 31ft class c using heat gun and plastic scraper,  tried other ways but for me was best way............ slow but  steady

I tried several methods and for me the eraser wheel worked best. It removed the decal and glue

It appears you have already used the standard techniques, all of which are tedious chores.  I'm not sure that a heat lamp is any better (or worse) than a heat gun, but it might free up a hand cause the lamps are usually on a tripod whereas the gun is usually hand-held.

Back
Top Bottom