School Shooting In Florida

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw one girl say she had no idea anything was even going on until she removed her earbuds and then heard the shots and screaming...

Does anyone remember the movie "in Cold Blood"? It is a non fiction movie based on the murder of four members of the Clutter family. What I am getting at is at the time it was made this was a horrible crime that was not imaginable. Now it is common place for a family to be murder just by a a home invasion. I think we have all become desensitized to the death around us.
  One of the things mentioned in a news report was that this shooters mother had died in November, I now think this may have been what triggered him to this event....
  My friends living in that area are still trying to locate their family members so far they have reached out to FB for the location of two teenagers....so painful and sad

TonyDtorch said:
I'll bet every one of theses kids is an expert at playing "Call Of Duty" or "Grand Theft Auto".

IMO...Those games are desensitizing kids to gun violence and make a game out of mass murder,  and then kids use social media banter to fester up their angers.

You used the word I had been searching for Tony - DESENSITIZING is exactly what many of our younger generation have been exposed to through what you describe.  I don't see any fix for it unfortunately.  Thankfully, I am old enough that I won't be here to see the end result but I don't think it will be pretty.  We are seeing the forerunners of it now.

Bill

PAPA BARE said:
We have become a nation without GOD.

I do not believe that to be the case. Those that want a God in their life can certainly have that. Those that do not, don't have to. That is how America was founded and our Constitution protects both sides.

(IMO)..Passing more gun laws will not stop the killings.  It is impossible to effectively legislate morality.

It is already illegal to kill people with anything.  Bombs are illegal, but anyone can make an IED with detailed instructions on the internet.

They would actually stop more killings by outlawing computers....

We have speed laws, but many people speed. Should we say ?There is no reason for speed laws since so many people speed?? We have laws against burglary, but people still commit the crime. Should we say ?There will always be robbers, so let?s do away with robbery laws?? Why do we treat guns any differently? Just because they are already there doesn?t mean we can?t start addressing the problem. Yes, it may take many years, but it is better to get a start than to just do nothing. Background checks, mental health lists should be first on the list to add back. Ban weapons designed nearly to kill humans in large numbers. I am not sure what that means, but I think smarter people than me could figure something out. Yes, I know knives can kill people, but they can?t kill 17 people at a school! Saying variations of ?It?s hard? just doesn?t cut it any more. And yes, we are gun owners whose weapons are safely stored.

:mad: :mad: JMHO! I believe it is time to have one entrance unlocked in the AM and the students have to go through a metal detector. There will be a trained and armed person there, just in case of danger! Don't like these tactics or the expense but it would be safer! During the day the doors are kept locked. At night one exit unlocked. Like the Sheirff of Broward county stated: Guns cant be purchased by anyone with criminal or mentally unstable backgrounds! America does need to get a grip but not by banning hunting rifles or Concealed Carry handgun owners! LEO's can't be alerted fast enough to get there in time to save all people!

Outlaw computers, trucks, cars, motorcycles, cutlery, ETC. Remember though Sticks and Stones can do the same if "idiots" decide to cause injuries or fatalities!

If Congress made all guns illegal .....

There would instantly be a very large lucrative new gun smuggling industry all along our southern border. 

SeilerBird said:
Too late, it is already in place.

And in 2009-2011 during operation Fast and Furious we were selling the guns to them...

just yesterday I read a newspaper article is the business section announcing the Remington arms company has filed for bankruptcy.  They said sales dropped considerably after Hillary lost the election. 

TonyDtorch said:
And in 2009-2011 during operation Fast and Furious we were selling the guns to them...

I read an newspaper article is the business section announcing the Remington arms company has filed for bankruptcy.  They said sales dropped considerably after Hillary lost the election.
What bull. Why would you lie and make up a story like that? Does it make you feel like a big man?

SeilerBird said:
What bull. Why would you lie and make up a story like that? Does it make you feel like a big man?

Let Google answer that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozgal
Back
Top Bottom