Winnebago Tire Pressure Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LTWinnebago

Just took possession of a new 2017 Winnebago 31KE, Class A MH.  Door specs show that the tires should be inflated cold to 82 PSI.

I installed TST507 TPMS sensors on the tires.  With morning cold pressure in the tires starting out showing 82 PSI, driving for about 45 minutes in 80F at about 60-65 MPH, PSI in the front tires showed 91 PSI.  The dealer said that was normal, but I would like a little more insight to this.

I guess without the TPMS, I would set the tires at 82 PSI, check them, and don't worry about them.  Is that pressure increase within normal limits of a Class A tire, moderately loaded with the usual fair, but empty tanks?

Any insight is appreciated. Thanks.

Absolutely normal. You will see even more pressure differential on hot days. Set the psi when the tires are "cold" in the morning, and do not adjust pressure after they heat up.

^^ What Paul said ^^ You might even see a difference when driving if one side of your unit is in sun and the other in shade. Also when you dramatically change altitudes, the pressure will be different.

Weigh your rig at a truck stop with full fuel and stuff you normally carry (search for "Cat Scale" for instructions how to weigh) and set your tire pressure to the tire manufacturer's inflation chart. You might not need 82 PSI for your weight which will give you a softer ride.

After you get your weight slip, adjust your load so that each axle is loaded to the same percentage of its capacity.

Oh, and welcome to the Winnebago family!

Back
Top Bottom