What is this bocci ball size air tank for

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

grooving grandpa

My wife heard (her ears are better than mine) a motor running beyond the fire wall after I started the diesel engine. At first the motor ran for a few seconds, then off and so forth. Now it runs all the time.There is this small holding tank (see picture) mounted to the top of the fire wall with a air line running to a small motor (see picture. When I pull the line from the tank and pinch closed, the motor stops. There is another small (what appears to be a) air line from the tank that runs through the fire wall into the dash. Freightliner stays Winnebago put this in. I got no satisfaction from the custom service tech. I don't think the air line has a pin hole, Maybe it is leaking on the connection.  I have not sprayed the tank seams to see if the ball has a leak. What is this for and any help solving the problem

Attachments

• reduced air tank.jpg
    reduced air tank.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 101
  • reduced motor.jpg
    reduced motor.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 64
Thanks Chris,
I had to join the Winnie Club to get in. Seems this is a common problem. I will take my spray bottle and check connections. You don't want a rubber with a hole in it.

grooving grandpa said:
Thanks Chris,
I had to join the Winnie Club to get in. Seems this is a common problem. I will take my spray bottle and check connections. You don't want a rubber with a hole in it.

It is a vacuum tank as mentioned above, a spray bottle will not show a leak unless you applied pressure to it and then risk blowing the tank. They wont take much pressure but will handle the vacuum just fine. With all the lines connected try pinching off the hose going under the dash, if the motor stops after a short time then the problem is under the dash. The dash is where my problems were found, specifically it was the vacuum switch.

Thanks Will for the heads up on the spray bottle. I guess if it is the vacuum switch I must order it from Winnebago.

Bruce, bocci/bocce is a game

Search Results
Bocce - Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bocce
Bocce (/boʊtʃi/), sometimes anglicized as bocci, is a ball sport belonging to the boules family, closely related to British bowls and French p?tanque, with a common ancestry from ancient games played in the Roman Empire.
‎Rules and play ? ‎Variants ? ‎Bocce volo

It can be played on grass or a hard surface.  Some RV parks have bocce ball courts.  Two people on two teams. Lots of fun

grooving grandpa said:
Thanks Will for the heads up on the spray bottle. I guess if it is the vacuum switch I must order it from Winnebago.
  I was able to fix mine, the metal clips that held it together had came apart

See no problems at either end with the blue or black hose. All other hoses appear to be good. Pulled cover from rear of dash and all hoses appear good. My pump runs on and off for maybe a cycle of 5 seconds which makes me think it is a small leak maybe pin hole size. Could it possibly be the pump going bad? Also how do you check to see if switch on the control panel is bad. Pump does not run when A/C or heater is on. Any way to check the black reservoir?

If I pull the hose off the black resevior  that goes to the pump and pinch it shut. The pump stops runniing. Both blue and green hoses look good. I am going to Google Vacuum switch to see if I can find what I am looking for.

pull the hose that goes to the dash off of the vacuum tank and hold your finger over the nipple from the tank. Then if the pump shuts off and stays off the problem is not in the tank. If it keeps running try to feel around the tank especially where it mounts, you may find a crack or a split in the tank where it is fused together. Let us know what you find........You could just bypass the tank and see if it shuts off also, that would point to the tank it does.

https://www.amazon.com/Dorman-HELP-47076-Vacuum-Tank/dp/B000COB8FA/ref=sr_1_3?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1519086752&sr=1-3&keywords=vacuum+tank&dpID=41JoXHapf3L&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

I yours like this one??

I pulled on the little hose,but it did not want to come off the tank. there is a rubber sleeve on the tube that appear to fit over the tip of the ball.But you are telling me it does come off, just work on it a little more??? I just didn't want to break the neck on the tank. Is there a trick maybe?The tank seam does look pretty ragged. I unscrewed it from the mount and looked at it but so no problem. Like I said the pump cycles on an off. It does not run continually. As you can see I am not to mechanically inclined.
The picture of the tank on Amazon does look like mine, but I will go to storage tomorrow and make sure.

Hi Will, could that black sleeve  be a piece of shrink  tubing over the nipple and the small black hose? The small black hose is more ridged than the hose going to the pump from the reservoir

grooving grandpa said:
Hi Will, could that black sleeve  be a piece of shrink  tubing over the nipple and the small black hose? The small black hose is more ridged than the hose going to the pump from the reservoir
You will probably need to use a knife and slit the hose at the barbed tank fitting so you can pull it off. Almost never am I able to pull an old hose off a fitting - I'll tug on it a couple of times and if it doesn't pull off, I cut it.

Back
Top Bottom