Signed the contract and sent the deposit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

UTTransplant

We finalized our purchase of a 2018 Tiffin 37 PA diesel pusher today. Delivery won?t be for four months or so, but I am relieved at least this part is done. We are also selling the house in Utah and buying another one in Iowa where the kids and grandkids are. Prepping the house for sale is a huge job. The ?stager? the realtor uses recommended moving out some furniture in addition to the standard emptying closets and shelves. That means the workshop, office, and sewing studio need to get major reorganization in the next week. Bedrooms, kitchen, and living areas aren?t so bad. How do we accumulate so much ?stuff??

Congrats on the new coach. I'm sure everyone is  excited about your move to Iowa. Easiest way for us to clear out 23 years of stuff, was to set aside a day or two per a room. Started right after breakfast and when the room was done, the rest of the day was "free time".  Warning: It is very easy to get distracted with mementos. Stick to 1 room until completed, otherwise you will too many things going at once. Last piece of advise, start with easiest least cluttered room first. It will be a huge sense of accomplishment when done.

Good luck with your next adventure.

Good advice from Dream Chasers, especially about the "momentos". They soak up a lot of time and it can be a struggle to put them aside. Set a goal for each day, e.g. one room or one closet, and stick to it. Get organized for each too, e.g. have packing materials handy or the disposal method in place for things you do not plan to keep.

Right now we are in the ?staging? part of the move/declutter. Realtor wants some furniture out before the first showing, so we had to prioritize those items first. Three sets of china, lots of decorative glassware, and tons of books had to be sorted. I can leave the kitchen and all the items in drawers until later thank goodness. Moving out three book cases, two chairs, two china cabinets, and decluttering the office and my sewing room are the big ones. Still have to get the yard work done, but that will Be after the furniture is moved out and the photographs done.

Yep, the #1 advice any realtor will give you when getting ready to list a house is to "depersonalize" it.  Make it uncluttered and very generic with paint colors and furnishings.  The potential buyers must be able to walk in and see themselves in the house, not you.  That means personal photos on the walls and nick-knacks must go.

We did the same thing last year, and the house sold in a day. It's really true that it does work.  BTW great choice on your rig. Are you going back to RB to watch the build?

Congratulations Pam and Kevin (& Lily of course).  How exciting for you.  Two new "homes" -- you won't know which one to re-decorate first!

If you can fit it in to your busy schedule, I'd be interested to know how the sale of your Outdoors RV TT goes -- assuming you are not passing it along to someone.

Good wishes on the clean-out too.  Once you get started it becomes easier to keep  going I think. 

Linda

SargeW said:
Yep, the #1 advice any realtor will give you when getting ready to list a house is to "depersonalize" it.  Make it uncluttered and very generic with paint colors and furnishings.  The potential buyers must be able to walk in and see themselves in the house, not you.  That means personal photos on the walls and nick-knacks must go.

We did the same thing last year, and the house sold in a day. It's really true that it does work.  BTW great choice on your rig. Are you going back to RB to watch the build?
Average time on market in the SLC area is nine days, and the inventory is amazingly low. Listing will start on a Thursday, and we will evaluate offers beginning Tuesday at noon. The realtor believes we will have multiple offers at that time. Nice to be in a true seller?s market since we won?t be having to buy something here! And yes, Kevin wants to go to RB to watch the build. It will be invaluable to see where everything is routed behind walls and underneath floors. We ended up going through Sherman. Not the lowest, but close, and I liked their detailed offer.

Oh, and we just bought a Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk as a toad. Yup, we are getting ready.

Betty Brewer said:
Wow!  What a number of wonderful transitions! Will you miss your trailer?

BB
We will miss getting into some of the small Forest Service campgrounds in the mountains. The trail fits a lot of places the coach wont, but the coach will be more comfortable for us and the cat.

Congratulations guys, sounds very exciting. The family will be happy to have you closer.

We recently cleared out our attic and I managed to part with a lot of mementos by taking photos of them.  Not quite the same as having them but good enough for me and i wont regret the clear out as i can look at the items whenever i want....

Good luck with it all. Look forward to hearing your updates. ☺

MN Blue Skies said:
Congratulations on the new Tiffin!  Hey you'll be closer to Minnesota!
We actually just made reservations for Fall Lake northeast of Ely, MN. It is one of our favorite north country campgrounds. We will be there a week canoeing, relaxing, seeing friends. Of course we also have to fight bugs which is why we are bringing the Clam.

Back
Top Bottom