My new TV and the Olympics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SeilerBird

Last year I bought an LG OLED55C6P TV because at the time it was voted as having the best picture of any TV set being made. I did a lot of comparison shopping at Best Buy and came to the same conclusion. I have been glued to my TV for the last week watching the Olympics and I am so completely blown away. The images I am getting on this screen live from half way around the world is beyond mind blowing. There are several sports where a ski jumper or snowboard jumper takes a massive jump that propels them way up in the night sky. The image on my screen is simply a twisting turning skier against a pitch black sky (except when a bit of snow is falling) and there is just no way to describe how stunning this looks. The skier just pops off the screen. I haven't found a video of it yet on YouTube but I will post it when I find one. It looks totally like it is CGI. Especially when they do the slow motion replay. The coolest part is the girls ponytails and pigtails flopping around in the wind as they twist and turn. There is no way this can be real, but it is. I am talking goose bump worthy. One reason I love the OLED technology so much is because there is no backlighting like with LED so when black is to be displayed it is the blackest black you can get. Los Bravos was right.(only a nerd will understand that joke)

Or maybe an old Rocker.  Unfortunately my current parking spot is under a tree, so I'm stuck with crappy park cable on the big TV.  I ran the tailgater out for the rear TV, but the hi-def isn't near as impressive on a 24" screen.

Old_Crow said:
Or maybe an old Rocker.  Unfortunately my current parking spot is under a tree, so I'm stuck with crappy park cable on the big TV.  I ran the tailgater out for the rear TV, but the hi-def isn't near as impressive on a 24" screen.
Wally - Do you have a good Internet connection? If so you can watch it on YouTubeTV. It is better and cheaper than cable.

Never thought of that.  The cable is free with the site, and the internet is actually pretty good.  I've been streaming Netflix, catching up on my Marvel shows in the mornings before the DW wakes up and puts me to work.  I might check into that in a bit, thanks.

Old_Crow said:
Never thought of that.  The cable is free with the site, and the internet is actually pretty good.  I've been streaming Netflix, catching up on my Marvel shows in the mornings before the DW wakes up and puts me to work.  I might check into that in a bit, thanks.
Hulu also has a TV service and I am going to try it next month and see which one I like best. I really love YouTubeTV. It is just lightyears better than any cable system. The nice thing is that since it is an app you don't need to pay to have it hooked up, you don't have to have another black box and you don't need another remote. And since it is an app you can watch TV on your phone, laptop, computer, Chromebook or whatever.

The nice thing is that since it is an app you don't need to pay to have it hooked up, you don't have to have another black box and you don't need another remote. And since it is an app you can watch TV on your phone, laptop, computer, Chromebook or whatever.

Provided, of course, that you have the data allowance and bandwidth to allow your internet connection to do that. Most home connections would be fine, but many mobile arrangements are lacking bandwidth and/or sufficient data in the mobile plan.

Back
Top Bottom