Decal replacement - who makes the best, longest lasting decal material?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dlshunter

I already am far too aware of mid-2000's Keystone Outback decals
were made of junk from the Southern Hemisphere.
Who do you guys think has/makes the best longest lasting & materials to duplicate
the various swirls and designs?
Oh yeah, I am doing the work myself...2 girls in college next
semester......ouch$$$!!!

Hyperlinks are very welcome!
Thanks!

Have you considered paint? A sealer, base, and clearcoat system will outlast the rv. Just takes time. That vinyl stripping tape they have now will almost double back on itself without wrinkling and you have the pattern where the old decal was. If you don?t have a paint system, your paint supplier can put paint in quality rattle cans. (quality rattle cans may be an oxymoron).
  I have painted the straight line decals on two motorhomes with great success. This summer  I?m going to tackle my BIL?s swoopy decals on his 5th wheel.

We ran a small sign shop for a few winters around AZ flea markets. Must admit doing the paint would be your best bet. If you haven't done large decals you going to find it isn't easy. We only had a 24" cutter so we stayed away from the bigger stuff.

I am assuming you are doing the cutting too? When we needed to do long lasting signs we used Oracal 951 Premium Cast. It is good for 8-10 years. Since we were small we just got our materials at Sign Warehouse. You might check vinyl suppliers in your area. Could be some better stuff out there I am not aware of too.

https://www.signwarehouse.com/c/oracal-vinyl

Back
Top Bottom