05 Winnie Journey or 04 Gulf Stream Crescendo same miles?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oldryder

Shopping a lot.  Viewed 2 nice rigs today; one a 2005 Winnebago Journey 36G, the other a 2004 Gulf Stream Crescendo 8386.  Both 90k miles.  Both with maint records.  Journey is original owner, Crescendo is 2d owner only owned one year selling due to medical issue.

Journey needs tires, Crescendo tires new.  Both have almost every option available with Journey seeming a little better equipped with advantages like 6 way power seat and 4 door reefer.

Both clean and well maintained.  Crescendo living space very large with double slide.  Journey a little nicer overall due to fussy owners.  Asking $57K for the Journey, asking $45K for the Crescendo.

Looking for advice and comments regarding the relative value of the two rigs.

Thx in advance for advice.

Mark in MN

I have a 2005 Winnebago Journey 34H.  I am the second owner.  I bought it 6 years ago with 32K miles.  Now I have 56K miles.  I am VERY happy with this motorhome.  I have had minimal issues, mostly plastic things getting old and breaking, but no significant issues.  I have had only one mechanical issue, and exhaust valve about 2 years ago.  $ 1,000.00 repair and 2 nights in the shop.  Other than that, nothing to speak of.  I think the quality of Winnebago exceeds that of Gulf Stream.  Make sure you like the floorplan and that it fits your needs. Price seems reasonable.  I wouldn't sell mine for $ 57K.  Best of luck and happy travels.

Steve

Ours is newer, but essentially the  same rig. We love the floor plan and appreciate the quality materials. Five years full time and we wouldn't change a thing. No experience with Gulfstream.

We saw a 34y and went shopping for our third motor home, found it at Lazy Days and purchased  sight unseen.

Ernie

The Crescendo is a somewhat lower priced model and typically not as well equipped or quite as capable as the well-respected Journey.  If the Journey 36G has the 350 hp Cummins ISC instead of the 300 hp ISB engine, it is worth even more.  I would expect the Journey to command a few thousand dollar higher price, especially since it is a year newer and the Winnie brand is popular , especially among newcomers (brand recognition).

Since the Crescendo you are considering appears to be well-optioned and cared for, the new tires (a $2000+ value) makes it a solid contender. Have you compared the two coaches on the less visible things, e.g. chassis cargo capacity, water tank sizes, water heater size, cabinet construction, etc.?  Those, plus future resale value, could well be the deciding factors.

Everyone, thx for replies.  Gary; we are looking at layouts with wife particularly interested in the kitchen where the Journey has a considerable advantage over the Crescendo.  Thx for taking the time to offer your expertise.

Mark in MN

oldryder said:
Gary; we are looking at layouts with wife particularly interested in the kitchen where the Journey has a considerable advantage over the Crescendo.  Thx for taking the time to offer your expertise.

Mark in MN

That's what he does, and he's the best at it. All of us here have gained an immense amount of knowledge from Gary.

I looked at both vendors motorhomes, I ended up buying a Tiffin.  I was very happy I didn't buy the Gulfstream.  Tiffin still carry's parts for my 06 Allegro Bus.  Gulfstream hasn't been around for a long time so getting parts specific to Gulfstream is probably next to impossible.  I never even considered that while I was looking last year.  I don't know much about Winny, but they are still in business so parts are probably available?

I needed a new garnish for around the inside of the skylight in my shower.  They shipped it, correct color and all from Redbay AL the next day.  I was astonished that I could still get that kind of part. 

-Bill

Back
Top Bottom